1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hansis, Dec 13, 2013.

1. hansis

hansis Newbie

I have an (Android) Samsung tablet running Chrome and a desktop computer running Firefox. Would it make sense to change my computer OS to Chrome and would I then be able to see my hard drive files on my tablet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. krikit

krikit Newbie

You probably only need to set up sharing on your computer. You can access the files on your hard drive now through the windows/samba share or FTP... ES File Explorer is one app you can use to do this. Changing your computer's OS isn't necessary.

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I have moved this thread to the Android Applications forum since you are discussing issues with the Chrome Browser.

Changing your PC to Chrome would just make it easier so that your history for both devices is the same, same bookmarks, and same extensions.

krikit likes this.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

I only have played a bit with an old notebook I setup with Chrome, but I believe as long as you're signed in (something I didn't do) and using the Chrome browser, you'll share bookmarks no matter what the OS being used.

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think firefox android can sync with firefox desktop too

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Yes it can completely :)

funkylogik likes this.
  7. apple2005

apple2005 Android Enthusiast

He is talking about modifying hard drive contents and not browser history or bookmarks. I couldn't understand what he means by Chrome OS on PC? I never heard of Chrome OS for PCs...

8. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

hansis, your Samsung tablet is likely running Android with the Chrome browser. If you're looking to get your bookmarks, history and saved passwords on your tablet you can either migrate to the Chrome browser on the PC and set up Chrome to sync to your Google account or install the Firefox browser on your tablet and set up sync in that.

If you want to be able to access files on your PC from your tablet, try using a file browser such as ES File Explorer, that will allow you to browse files on computers on your local LAN IF you have a username and password for it.

9. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

Yes, the browser shortcuts was a sidetrack.

Checkout Chromebooks. You can run their OS on regular PCs. It's somewhat confusing--it would be like if Microsoft called both their OS and browser Windows, but that's what Google has done.

apple2005 likes this.
  10. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female