• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome connection refused

Heba

Lurker
Apr 15, 2017
After updating my phon to Android 6.0.1 (latest available version), Chrome stopped working over data connection. It works perfectly fine over wifi and all other apps connect over data. With Chrome, I get this error message with ever website:

This site can’t be reached
travel.state.gov refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have tried clearing cache, deleting and reinstalling the Chrome app, and updating it to the latest version. Nothing has been working. Any other tips?

The error this site can't be reached problem is usually generated mostly if you don't have a connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be triggered by a dead DNS server response or a firewall blocking the Google Chrome from locating the network. DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:

• Clear your browser cache.
  • Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
  • Check proxy settings.
  • Disable your firewall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones