• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome dark theme on mobile browsers

I do find the Chrome browser to be annoyingly useful on occasion but mostly just distasteful.
Anyway, despite my own bias, try this.
-- Type this into the address bar chrome://flags
-- In the resulting page use Search and type in dark
-- With two of results, named something similar to web contents dark mode and Chrome UI dark mode, change their status to Enabled.
-- In the Chrome app's Settings menu, re-enable the Themes to Dark

This should force sites like AF to be dark too.

Upvote 0
I do find the Chrome browser to be annoyingly useful on occasion but mostly just distasteful.
Anyway, despite my own bias, try this.
-- Type this into the address bar chrome://flags
-- In the resulting page use Search and type in dark
-- With two of results, named something similar to web contents dark mode and Chrome UI dark mode, change their status to Enabled.
-- In the Chrome app's Settings menu, re-enable the Themes to Dark

This should force sites like AF to be dark too.

OMG thanks! My retinas are much happier now since I can finally enjoy dark on AF as well as Reddit.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks svim!
Screenshot_20221125-164317-209.png

Upvote 0
On a related subject, I'm having constant difficulty with entering the correct numbers for the forthcoming evening's lottery draw using their mobile website in Chrome.

I've searched through all the settings I could find, but so far I can't get Chrome to offer the correct numbers to my keyboard.

Is this a software problem, or perhaps someone here can offer the solution.....

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones