1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome earpiece grille question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Risley, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

I'm referring to the little chrome piece that you place against your ear to hear the recipient on the other end.

Some of the Note 4's Ive seen this "grille" is perfectly flush with the display surface and some Note 4's this chrome piece sticks up or is raised well above the glass display surface...how does yours look?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Bumping this....

Can some of you take a quick look at the earpiece and let me know if yours is dead flush with the display or does it stick up a little higher than the display?

Thanks

3. Belshazer4

Belshazer4 Lurker

If mine is raised it is not more than a hair. It is so close that I can not tell for sure.

4. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

Mine is flush pretty much. With my finger, I can feel the slightest bit above the glass, but looking at it from the side, it looks flush with the glass.

5. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

Same here... It looks flush - I can feel it - maybe a hair above. However, I think that's just the way it's shaped and it's making my finger thing it's a hair above.

6. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Thanks guys...
    Ive seen them dead flush and raised a little to a lot. Mine is raised the thickness of a business card above the glass. It's hard to believe there are manufacturing tolerances this far off.

7. raver27

raver27 Lurker

Does yours have any play if slightly pushing on it?

8. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Yes. It seems to be sitting on a rubber gasket because if you lightly press it the piece comes right back up. I'm no longer concerned about it, I've seen maybe half of them flush and the other half raised up...

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews