1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

chrome freezing constantly!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vtec, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Vtec

Vtec Member

First let me say that I am coming from an iPhone. This is the second time I am attempting to go android, first I tried the original galaxy s and I deemed it complete trash. I'm back I got the one x and so far it is acceptable, mostly...I can't stress enough how much I hate the stock browser, I think it's terrible. I really like chrome but it's pretty much unusable as it freezes and crashes constantly so I always end up having to use the stock browser. I looked at dolphin but I don't like it either. Can chrome work properly on this phone or am I going back to Apple? Simple things like this make me want to smash this damn phone on the floor and it makes me feel like android os is still not ready.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Newbie

Sorry to say that chrome is really buggy currently on the one x, however when the jelly bean update hits this should fix things. Don't give up on Android yet it blows ios out the water which the one x should prove to you.

3. Vtec

Vtec Member

I really like the phone and from a hardware standpoint its a beast but not having a decent browser that works properly is unacceptable. I despise Apple and I don't want to give them another cent but issues like this make it really hard. Any ETA on the jellybean update? I have 26 days to return this thing.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Try dolphin HD. I tend to find that slightly better .I uninstalled Chrome also because it was buggy on the One X.

5. coos lick

coos lick Android Enthusiast

Dolphin HD is my preference as well. I'd also recommend Opera - used it on another device and was rock solid.

Jelly Bean is still probably a couple of months away.

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Boat Browser is another one you might want to try out too.

7. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

It's weird, as I use Chrome on my One X all the time and it's never crashed once! I love the synced tabs feature across devices, very cool :)

8. jasonr803

jasonr803 Newbie

Chrome seems to be hit or miss for me. but never really came to the point where it was a problem for me. just close and reload. a little troublesome, but on my iphone sometimes it was the same way

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews