1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome google intro icons

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by casasemanas, Jan 28, 2016.

1. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

When Chrome launches it defaults to Google. There is a search field in the center of the page and some icons below it. 8 to be exact. I have no idea why they are there or how to change them. Can anyone help? Thnank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Do you speak of these?
    googl.PNG

If so, those are the thumbnails.
    You can hide them:

hope that helps :D

3. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

You can always go to settings and set up whatever site that you'd like to see on the home screen.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

you can also hover over the icon and click the X that appears if you don't want that on your homepage

5. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

I'm not talking about the home page. I'm talking about the Google page the starts when Chrome launches. Screenshot_2016-01-29-11-06-52.png

6. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

They're not on mine...
    Screenshot_2016-01-29-13-34-12.png

7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Those look like the apps you used in chrome

8. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

I don't see how that is possible.

9. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

Yes, of course they are pages that I have accessed, but why these and not different ones? What's so special about these particular 10 pages when I have addressed dozens? The lagoon documentation is frustrating.

10. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

It's not my homepage, it's a Chrome page. Deleting icons and hoping that one that I want will eventually show up seems quite inefficient.

11. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Go to your Chrome settings (3 dots at the top of the page). Scroll down until you see Home Page. Click this. You can set any web address, that you like, to open every time you launch Chrome.

12. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

13. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

My home page just says "off".

14. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Click on Home Screen, then turn it on with the toggle switch. Enter the web address that you want to show when Chrome is first opened.

15. casasemanas

casasemanas Newbie

Thank you for the effort, however I don't know what the phrase "click on the home screen, then trun it on with the toggle switch. Enter the web address that you want to show when Chroje is first opened." means. If it means launch Chrome, turn the "home page off" to on and enter web addresses, I've done that. Turning Chrome to home page on merely sets the home page to the venter page and there is no place to enter any other web pages. I'm not interested in the home page anyway, I'm interested in those 8 icons below the search bar. But "thanks for playing" as they say. Paul

16. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Sorry I couldn't help.

I'm out...