1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome: I can't get rid of tab grouping.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Gargus, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Gargus

Gargus Newbie

So with the new chrome update on my galaxy s10 it turned on tab groups which I hate intensely. I liked the old card windows I could just click away one handed to close.

All I keep saying is people saying I need to go to chrome://flags/#enable-tab-grid-layout and set tab groups to disabled and relaunch chrome. I've done that multiple times but it never works. Closed all chrome tabs and reopened, restarted my phone, relaunched chrome. I can't get rid of the tab groups.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

use a different browser.

Hadron, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Yep. Since the update Chrome only does tab grouping

Gargus and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Gargus

Gargus Newbie

Well, you know that explains nothing correct? If you can't answer a question then why bother replying? Let me guess you're the type that would tell someone "buy a new house" because they were trying to figure out how to get recessed lighting put in their home.

This guy gets it, he answered my question. Now I know it only does tabs now.

Thank you.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

OMG you are being overly dramatic. i was on my phone and did not want to type out an elaborate answer. yes it was short, but still to the point. chrome does not have that feature any more. just use another browser.

i'm sorry my post was not what you wanted to hear. get over it. i was merely trying to help. and yes my answer, i think, was helpful.

#5 ocnbrze, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

For real!
    Chrome sucks anyway!

You should be happy to be rid of it and to move on to better.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Yeah we do not know much about how chrome groups tabs together, been using chrome beta, chromion and the other part, but to this day it has nothing to do with chrome tabs, I usually only have a few open.

ocnbrze likes this.