• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome ignores download settings

Shaun S

Lurker
Mar 22, 2022
Galaxy S22 Ultra. I have ask where to download and ask when to download enabled (curious how that works). It just saves the stock name in the downloads folder. It used to let me name the file first. I don't care about where it saves but I want to name them on download not edit later. I have tried both off and one on at a time. I uninstalled chrome updates, tried it, applied updates back and tried it. I've rebooted and cleared cache. I went through my old phone Note 9 and put every chrome setting exactly the same and they're both using v99.0.4844.73

The only thing I can think of is my old phone has an sd card and this doesn't so Chrome is like you only have one place to pick so I'm not asking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-181059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-181059_Chrome.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 146

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones