1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chrome support with Avast on Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by westbros, Jun 18, 2016.

1. westbros

westbros Android Enthusiast

Hi. I recently upgraded to Marshmallow on my S5. I then got a notification from my Avast Mobile Security app that I needed to allow Chrome support. In Avast I choose Settings, then Protection. This then gives me an option to switch on Chrome Support, which is turned off by default. When I try to switch this on I get a window telling me to "Enable the app in the Accessibility Settings". There is a link to the phone's accessibility settings. When I go to that page I get a popup message stating "Select Avast Mobile Security and switch On". However there is no listing for Avast on that page.

My brother has an identical phone and also has the same issue, so this suggests to me that there must be others who have had the same problem. I have just installed the latest version of Avast, but that hasn't fixed it either. Has anybody found a solution to this bug? Thanks.

Adrian

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

I vaguely remember going through this. I just checked and Avast Mobile Security is now listed at the bottom of the Accessibility settings under "services" on my phone.

3. westbros

It isn't listed under Services on mine.....

4. victek

When I first installed Avast Mobile Security on Android 6.01 I wasn't seeing it listed when I pulled down the navigation bar either. I rebooted the phone a few times and eventually it appeared. Make sure Avast is up to date.

5. westbros

As I said, Avast is up to date. I'll see what happens if I reboot.

6. victek

I'd be interested to know if/when it starts working for you and if you learn anything. In my experience it didn't have anything to do with settings; it just didn't work at first and then at some point it did for no observable reason.

7. affald

affald Lurker

Same issue here, will update avast and reboot and advise

8. affald

affald Lurker

Successful. Needed to update avast and reboot. Then it showed under services. Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews