• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrome to phone outside the US

Reactions: simonblackley
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Version 1.7 is the pre-release one, I think. I had hoped to find a way to get the newer version (2.0?) that is on the market. But perhaps there is no difference . . .

It's so annoying that the Android/app information Google puts out never makes any mention of any of this stuff. It's as if they don't really care about us. But of course we are the same people who are using AdWords, which they care about very much!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Version 1.7 is the pre-release one, I think. I had hoped to find a way to get the newer version (2.0?) that is on the market. But perhaps there is no difference . . .

It's so annoying that the Android/app information Google puts out never makes any mention of any of this stuff. It's as if they don't really care about us. But of course we are the same people who are using AdWords, which they care about very much!

You are welcome. I didn't know that there is a newer version, and I can't find anything about it. The version 1.7 works very well for me. We have the same problem with the new apps here (Denmark) We are always last in the line with the new stuff. We can't buy apps at the market here either. Thats too bad. Are you able to buy apps in Belgium?

Upvote 0
No, Belgium, like Denmark, is one of the many countries where paid apps do not show up in the market. I have once or twice managed to get hold of a paid app via AndAppStore http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/apps/!index

What's weird is that Chrome to Phone 2.0 is a FREE app. So I don't understand why we cannot get it directly from the market as in the US - and the UK, apparently. I have not found any explanation from Google.

If anyone knows of a solution, please pass it on!

Upvote 0
No, Belgium, like Denmark, is one of the many countries where paid apps do not show up in the market. I have once or twice managed to get hold of a paid app via AndAppStore http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/apps/!index

What's weird is that Chrome to Phone 2.0 is a FREE app. So I don't understand why we cannot get it directly from the market as in the US - and the UK, apparently. I have not found any explanation from Google.

If anyone knows of a solution, please pass it on!

Chrome to Phone 2.0 apk file - xda-developers
HTH

Reactions: simonblackley
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones