1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Chrome virus warning

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I recently received a pop up from chrome that said I had four viruses attacking my phone. I don't remember if there was a phone number listed, but there was an app suggested. The pop up looked legitimate because it was in the Google page, not a box separate from the page. It said my phone was 28% damaged and I should not leave the tab or my phone could be furthered damaged. Below was a button to install the app for antivirus. I pressed it and downloaded the app and it had great reviews on the play store. I don't know if it's fake or real. Please help me.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    What app did it lead you to install? I would suggest that you install Malwarebytes from the Play Store and run a full scan.

psionandy, Jfalls63, svim and 2 others like this.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    I can't say I've ever heard of a legitimate pop-up suggesting to install anti malware app (common ploy of non legitimate apps). Google can scan your phone without need to install any 3rd party app. So I would be very very wary of that popup and the site that gave it to you.

..that's just an idle observation on my part. There will be no need to speculate once you answer the chief's question

#3 electricpete, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Actually, there is no such thing as a legitimate popup saying you have a virus on your phone. The moment you see such a popup, don't click anything other than the back button or just close the tab.

psionandy, svim, Jfalls63 and 2 others like this.
  5. ckraj

ckraj Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2017

Attached Files:

6. ckraj

ckraj Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2017

How to get rid of mal
    malware

I've been getting pop-up saying 'chromes', 'staticstatus' and one more, I have tried installing all the anti-virus but it still isn't removed completely from the device every half an hour it is popping up it is reoccurring and the anti-virus give the notification saying that it is a Malware do not know what to do. seems like I got the virus or the Malware attack when I installed some new apps especially I doubt on the app voot and there could be a possibility that even the other App might have carried the Malware into my device.enter image description here

Attached Files:

Tags: