• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome virus warning

A

Android Question

I recently received a pop up from chrome that said I had four viruses attacking my phone. I don't remember if there was a phone number listed, but there was an app suggested. The pop up looked legitimate because it was in the Google page, not a box separate from the page. It said my phone was 28% damaged and I should not leave the tab or my phone could be furthered damaged. Below was a button to install the app for antivirus. I pressed it and downloaded the app and it had great reviews on the play store. I don't know if it's fake or real. Please help me.

I can't say I've ever heard of a legitimate pop-up suggesting to install anti malware app (common ploy of non legitimate apps). Google can scan your phone without need to install any 3rd party app. So I would be very very wary of that popup and the site that gave it to you.

..that's just an idle observation on my part. There will be no need to speculate once you answer the chief's question

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recently received a pop up from chrome that said I had four viruses attacking my phone. I don't remember if there was a phone number listed, but there was an app suggested. The pop up looked legitimate because it was in the Google page, not a box separate from the page. It said my phone was 28% damaged and I should not leave the tab or my phone could be furthered damaged. Below was a button to install the app for antivirus. I pressed it and downloaded the app and it had great reviews on the play store. I don't know if it's fake or real. Please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171201-203159.png
    Screenshot_20171201-203159.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

How to get rid of mal
malware

I've been getting pop-up saying 'chromes', 'staticstatus' and one more, I have tried installing all the anti-virus but it still isn't removed completely from the device every half an hour it is popping up it is reoccurring and the anti-virus give the notification saying that it is a Malware do not know what to do. seems like I got the virus or the Malware attack when I installed some new apps especially I doubt on the app voot and there could be a possibility that even the other App might have carried the Malware into my device.enter image description here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171201-190011.png
    Screenshot_20171201-190011.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones