• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Chrome2Phone doesn't work. Reflashing ROM, is this the complete flash process?

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
Chrome2Phone stopped working and on their webiste it says that I probably flashed ROM A over ROM B without completely wiping, which is true. Now I'm going to reflash so that I can start absolutely brand new. Do I just do a factory wipe/reset, wipe cache, and then wipe dalvik-cache, then flash the ROM i want to use?

Chrome2Phone stopped working and on their webiste it says that I probably flashed ROM A over ROM B without completely wiping, which is true. Now I'm going to reflash so that I can start absolutely brand new. Do I just do a factory wipe/reset, wipe cache, and then wipe dalvik-cache, then flash the ROM i want to use?
Yes u need to wipe all that. Always before flashing any ROM you need to wipe everything unless is a patch or update of ur current ROM.

Upvote 0

Also, wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing kernels.

Upvote 0
ok thanks and when i root what can be worst scenario if i go somewhere wrong ? how much can be phone damadged if i would stuck somewhere in the middle,,?

I have never heard of anyone damaging their phone because of rooting,now if you don't read every single step and follow the guides to the T,you might get stuck somewhere but at this point everything is reversible and one way or the other you will root with success.

Good luck!

Reactions: STYX
Upvote 0
ok 2 question 1 about Android SDK folder i have in that folder only this folders Add-ons, Platforms and tools and SDK readme and SDK manager but here is more folders
http://i52.tinypic.com/b7c4fo.jpg how is that possible or is that ok???
2 HERE Step 6: Open up a command promt from your android-sdk/tools folder.
i dont see in tools folder command promt,, or should i open via RUN and CMD?
just want to make sure b4 i will start i have all clear and set up rite!!
i appreciate all for ur answers!!

Upvote 0
ok 2 question 1 about Android SDK folder i have in that folder only this folders Add-ons, Platforms and tools and SDK readme and SDK manager but here is more folders
http://i52.tinypic.com/b7c4fo.jpg how is that possible or is that ok???
2 HERE Step 6: Open up a command promt from your android-sdk/tools folder.
i dont see in tools folder command promt,, or should i open via RUN and CMD?
just want to make sure b4 i will start i have all clear and set up rite!!
i appreciate all for ur answers!!

Hold shift and right click on the tools folder in SDK. Then select open command prompt window. This will point CMD to the correct location.

Upvote 0
this short cut doesnt work for some reason when i hold shit and right click on the tools folder there is no command promt....

this file PC36IMG should i copy on sd card b4 i start rooting or no??

Do you have .NET Framework installed?

Follow the steps in the tutorial. I rooted using the first method so I did have to place the file on my SD card. I believe the new method uses ADB to do the same thing but when it comes to rooting it's better to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0
Do you have .NET Framework installed?

Follow the steps in the tutorial. I rooted using the first method so I did have to place the file on my SD card. I believe the new method uses ADB to do the same thing but when it comes to rooting it's better to be on the safe side.

no i am gonna install now.Net framework and what u mean its better put on SDcard before this file PC36IMG and in which folder?

Upvote 0
cuz i just read it over again and found this so just want 2 make sure
after downloading this file Download this PC36IMG.zip to tools folder rite and here says ''Remember how you pushed that huge PC36IMG.zip to your sdcard earlier?''
i didnt see that anywhere in begging? so what should i put on SD card as well? and where?
thanks!!

Upvote 0
no i am gonna install now.Net framework and what u mean its better put on SDcard before this file PC36IMG and in which folder?

.NET framework will allow you to open the command window from the tools directory. The PC36IMG file needs to be place on the root of your sd card in order for bootloader to find it. What root method are you using so I can take a look?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones