1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

chromecast on android and getting it to work !!

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by hawkeyefxr, Mar 2, 2016.

1. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2013
    OK, i have purchase chromecast and installed the app, it's found the device. All i want to do now is play MY music on MY phone. Simple you would think, oh no google want me to sign up for £9.99 per month.
    I just want to play my save music but how !!!!!

I cant find a player that will play my music through chromecast to my speakers. To say i am pissed off is an understatement, i am more than ready to return it and tell google what a piece of shit chromecast is.

I am really really really pissed off. really

Advertisement

2. psionandy

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Think you misread what they are offering you...

If you sign up to the Google play music service you can get access to their entire catalogue of everything... If you don't you can add your own music to the Service for free and play it there.

Otherwise if you just want to play music from your device you'll need a music player that supports chromecast (rocket music player is one of many or shuttle + is another.. Or I think you can mirror your sound output to the chromecast audio)

I don't have the audio version... But I have both versions of the video ones and they are awesome... If I had some decent speakers I'd buy the audio one In a second.

svim likes this.