1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chromecast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrmadcat, Mar 22, 2016.

1. mrmadcat

mrmadcat Lurker

"Screen Casting is not optimised for this device; your experience may vary"

Anyone else getting this on an S7 Edge in the Chromecast app if you go to the cast screen option? :( Didn't happen on my S6 Edge

2. Nshelby

Nshelby Lurker

Ah crap, I use the screen cast feature too and just checked it, I can't use it on my s7 edge either :'(

3. Macy72

Macy72 Lurker

Works okay for me..

svim likes this.
  4. Nshelby

Nshelby Lurker

I'm glad I rechecked to see if it would work. When I got the pop-up that said doesn't work for devise I just assumed it wouldn't cast. After I saw that yours worked I went 1 step farther and mine does work...Whoohoo!!

Macy72, psionandy and svim like this.
  5. monicakm

monicakm Android Enthusiast

I got the same wouldn't work message but kept on going and it worked, BUT, it also froze. I've only had my S7 for 6 days and this is the first time I've tried it. Need to see if there is an update.

6. Nshelby

Nshelby Lurker

That used to happen when I had my Galaxy s4. I think it's the Chromecast. I would just disconnect the Cast Screen then recast it again. Sometimes I had to do it 2 or 3 times before it would quit freezing up.

monicakm likes this.
  7. monicakm

monicakm Android Enthusiast

I forgot to remember about disconnecting the Chrome dongle :rolleyes: Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews