• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chrono Trigger

tmmosley1

Lurker
Nov 26, 2009
I have a Motorola Droid and I downloaded the SNES emulator and then downloaded Chrono Trigger and the ROM loads correctly. However, after the opening credits I'm taken to a screen that says Battle Mode and it has me choose between two options "ACTIVE" and "WAIT" however none of my buttons on the keypad or the screen seem to work...any suggestions on how I select one option over another so I can start playing.

Thanks!

It may be the rom, Mario RPG doesn't work on the emulators, but Earthbound does work however. Some roms are too large to work on portable emulators. I flashed my DS years ago and could not play Mario RPG on that either, but it would work on a normal emulator on my computer. In this case, size does in fact matter with what happens on a portable emulator.

Reactions: whitey522
Upvote 0
It may be the rom, Mario RPG doesn't work on the emulators, but Earthbound does work however. Some roms are too large to work on portable emulators. I flashed my DS years ago and could not play Mario RPG on that either, but it would work on a normal emulator on my computer. In this case, size does in fact matter with what happens on a portable emulator.
Did you say earthbound DOES WORK!? WHOO! I don't have an android phone yet but that is one of the games that I will be able to play efficiently without a keyboard. (Planning on Droid Eris or Incredible) You just made my day by saying that Earthbound works on SNESOID.

Upvote 0
The reason that Mario RPG doesn't work isn't because it's too big, it's because the game cartridges had it's own internal CPU (not the Super FX chip) to allow for the fun 3d elements and the like.

The emulators have to specifically support this, and a lot of emulators that are not a straight port of ZSNES and snes9x don't support the game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones