• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Circle Mod with Stock XXKG5 ?

Jul 29, 2011
As the title say is it possible ? and if so could some one please point me in the right direction.

As i see circlesmod is on the market place it is it is for CM7 Theme chooser so does this mean i would have to install the CM7 Rom

I do have root on XXKG5 if it make any difference

Well after not being able to get the dam thing to install i thought sod it and now running lightning ROM 6.1 and so far i am so pleased i installed it.

Last question is though then i will shut up :)

Is it possible to remove the clock from the task bar on lightning ROM have a google etc but could not really find any thing.

Cheers Ian

Upvote 0
Push usually means install via adb.
I didn't realise you needed the SystemUI app for it to work. Its installed via a tweak on Revolution rom so its just a case of downloading and installing.
Unless the SystemUI app is specificity for litening rom I wouldnt bother with it as it could cause problems or maybe ask in the litening rom thread on XDA if anyone has successfully installed EDT Tweaks or do a nand backup before your try it.

Upvote 0
A heads-up to avoid unnecessary anguish... DO NOT replace SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk or twframework.apk unless you've got confirmation that the versions you're installing will work with your current firmware. These files contain themed and/or modded UI components such as notification and status icons, the power menu, customised fonts, altered buttons etc and are also heavily version-dependent. Get it wrong and you'll quickly find yourself in either bootloop or force-close hell, requiring a nandroid restore to recover. I speak from experience...... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Steslatt Or Slug

As you helped me out loads at the moment would you be kind enough to put this into english for me :D

I now running villain rom very happy with it and come across this but dont want to balls is up after getting my phone running perfect for how i want it.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MODS][MORPH] Kahvitahra's mods - EDT TWEAK + JKay VR2.4 & Cogn1.5 & KR KH3, APM, OS

Cheers chap Ian

Worked it out in the end,

If any one interested though it dont work wieht the villain tweeks Eg the blue circle mod etc

Upvote 0
it dont work wieht the villain tweeks Eg the blue circle mod etc

That's because VRTweaks rewrites the SystemUI.apk and/or framework-res.apk and cancels the previous mod out.

Look at Stericson's MetaMorph app - if suitable mods are available as Morph packages this will allow them all to co-exist. I also believe the VillainROM team is working on something with similar functionality.

Upvote 0
Slightly off topic I know, but can I make a suggestion to Mods to create a sticky thread for each of the popular 3rd party ROMS (eg. Villain, Revolution, Lite'ning, Sicopat etc.) for people to post up what the differences are from stock, the good points and the bad points?

Just an idea. Could prove very useful for people like me who are undecided which way to go!

Upvote 0
sticky thread for each of the popular 3rd party ROMS

We're actually trying to get away from having multiple stuck threads, hence the Guide stickies in each device section. Threads dealing with specific ROMs could be added to the GS2 Rooting Guide, where they will always be easily found. All that's required is for someone to create the topics. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones