1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Citrix Receiver on Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PapaRodge, Jan 3, 2012.

1. PapaRodge

PapaRodge Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    I have Googled, googled and googled even more and lots of threads on different sites on this subject, but unable to figure out a final outcome.
    Some one, please help, this is driving me nuts.
    I cannot get Citrix Receiver to work on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer running Android version 3.2.1 (it does work on my Windows PC and on my IPad).

the set up:
    - I downloaded and installed the security certificate from my supplier. This is done through security settings, install certificates from storage and the device confirms the correct installation of the certificate.

- I configured the Citrix receiver app with all the correct settings like server, username, password and domain.

- I can open a session and I do see the same available apps as when connecting through Windows or iPad. However, when clicking on an application to open it (remote desktop in my case) I get an error message "invalid server certificate". I can choose to ignore this and connect anyway. It wil than try to connect but doesnt go passed the "please wait" screen and the little round cursor keeps turning eternally.

- Than I tried by changing my account in the citrix app to be "Web Interface", because this is how I connect when using Windows. Via https://citrix.-supplier-.com. Same result. I can get in, see my apps, but when opening 'invalid server certificate' and nothing happens

- After consulting many forums and sites I tried web access (just like on PC) through Firefox. After going to https://citrix.-supplier-.com the devices automatically opens up the citrix app and dowloads a file called 'launch.ica'. On PC it does this as well and I click on 'open' to start working, however Android does not seem to recognize this 'launc.ica' file and I cannot open it. The device goes back from Citrix app to Firefox with a blank screen.

This bothers me a lot. I love this device, but the main reason I bought it was to use Citrix receiver to access my remote desktop. Stupidly I did not check thoroughly enough, I just assumed that since the Citrix app existed for Android and it works on iPad it would just work....

How do I get this to work?!?

Advertisement

2. PapaRodge

PapaRodge Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    nobody?!
    I see lots of questions on the entire internet on Citrix not working on the Transformer, but no solutions, while it seems ok on Xoom, Galaxy Tab and other Android tablets...
    someone must know how to het this working on a Transformer...

3. bbaker76

bbaker76 Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2012
    Our company is just now beta testing a virtual environment. Using this tool I get the same exact issues on the TF101. I am hoping that it will be resolved with ICS update. I believe it is still on track for some time in the middle of Feb. I hope......

4. carlparziale

carlparziale Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2013
    Has this been resolved? I have been in the market for a new Tablet and the exact issue persists as described at the beginning. Can log in using a SmartCard (one time pin), can See virtual Desktop instance, can see XenApps. but the desktop starts to launch, then just bombs out back to the App list.

I can work on a WIndows 7 machine, an iPad, my Galaxy S2 (Android 4.0.x). But it fails on: Nexus 7, Asus Transformer Infinity, Galaxy Tab 10.1...all Android 4.1.x.

Any advice anywhere?