• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CL14 Over the Web??

If they were using the Odin program, then I must say I still wonder why they were having so many issues with the update.
I am not affiliated with sprint or samsung (if i was i probably would be fired for sdx)... But the reason teh stores had problems is because it wasen't "odin" that they were using (in teh terms of odin that the development group has been using).. The offical ODIN for hte samsung moment has to be called from Futuredial ICSS or SN-RMS... There are 2 different programs that sprint stores have (some of ICSS and some have SN-RMS) and thus where most of the problem stems from.. Odin used by teh development group is for the i7500 galaxy.. we are just lucky that it is able to flash the m900 moment...

Upvote 0
I am not affiliated with sprint or samsung (if i was i probably would be fired for sdx)... But the reason teh stores had problems is because it wasen't "odin" that they were using (in teh terms of odin that the development group has been using).. The offical ODIN for hte samsung moment has to be called from Futuredial ICSS or SN-RMS... There are 2 different programs that sprint stores have (some of ICSS and some have SN-RMS) and thus where most of the problem stems from.. Odin used by teh development group is for the i7500 galaxy.. we are just lucky that it is able to flash the m900 moment...
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. :)

Upvote 0
after the CL14 store or web upgrade has anyone been able to flash a custom kernel?

i'm curious to know if phones that were purchased recently with the update already will be able to flash custom kernels.
I think you need to use the patchoob versions to get custom kernels to work with the Sprint supplied update.

FWIW, I removed the zefie 10.3 kernel and went back to stock. I haven't really noticed any decreases in performance, but I run only a couple widgets and no home screen customizations.

And my battery life is no worse on the stock kernel, but the battery life seems to be reported more accurately, at least on the higher ends. With zefie's kernel I would stay near 100% for 3 hours, after 5 hours be down to maybe 90%, but then after 8 hours down to 60% and by 12 hours down to 30%.

With the stock I have the same sort of battery life (perhaps even slightly better) but after 3 hours I am at 90%, 80% at 5 hours, and about 50% after 8 hours.

Upvote 0
So i got the download to work.... but it keeps getting stuck/stalling at 86%... the bottom right thing says [debug] GetCompleteAck...
What's that? and/or what do i do?

I'm having the same dang problem I'm stuck @ 62% and I see the same message at the bottom. Scared to stop it midway and close the program even though it hasn't moved in about 10 mins. Don't want to get screwed and not have a working phone!

Upvote 0
According to Sprint it should work on the 32bit version of Windows 7. Actually, Sprint just lists it as compatible with Windows 7, but I suspect they never tried it on a 64-bit system.

This comment made me chuckle...

Just what OS do you think the tech geeks that are smart enough to write stuff like this are running on their own pc's?

Upvote 0
I suspect 64-bit users will never get it to work. I haven't been able to do anything more than mount my SD card on my Win7 64-bit machine.

AFAIK, Samsung's drivers do not work on 64-bit systems.

To do anything else (install zefie's files, use phone as modem, etc.) I need to borrow my GF's 32-bit XP laptop.

I had ben hoping that this update would work on Win7 64-bit, but it sounds like your experience means it will not. :(

The drivers from the link on the first post WORK FINE with Windows 7 64-bit. Don't post that they don't work unless you attempted it correctly.

You have to uninstall any existing driver packages from the "Add/Remove Software" page. Click on 'Computer' and up at the top click 'Uninstall or change a program', delete anything Samsung USB related, restart, and voila it works!!

Upvote 0
I'm going to go with.....Ubuntu maybe?

Possibly... But any serious geek would at least dual boot with win7 64 too. They'll bitch and gripe about MS and IE sucking and use anything else most of the time but you still need a solid windows install available for compatibility.

Btw, I also didn't have any trouble at all with the update and win7 64.

Upvote 0
The drivers from the link on the first post WORK FINE with Windows 7 64-bit. Don't post that they don't work unless you attempted it correctly.

You have to uninstall any existing driver packages from the "Add/Remove Software" page. Click on 'Computer' and up at the top click 'Uninstall or change a program', delete anything Samsung USB related, restart, and voila it works!!
I had nothing Samsung related on my computer and it would not work. My previous 3 phones were BB's. The last time I had a Samsung, I didn't even own this computer. However, I did get it to work after I totally reinstalled Windows (for unrelated reasons) last night. So yes, it will work on Win7 64bit, but I think it is possible that other things messed up the install. It's not like I was the only one on 64bit that couldn't get it to work. I suspect it was actually my AV program that was screwing things up.

After I had reinstalled Windows, I made the Samsung program the first one I re-installed, and I ran it in XP compatibility mode as someone had suggested earlier. It worked this time.

Upvote 0

Oh, and just to update, although I was able to get the drivers to install, when I ran the updater program it hung at 2% each of the 7 times I tried it (sometimes in compatibility mode, others not).

Updating on the XP machine worked the first time.

Upvote 0
Help! This is the biggest thread that I've found on the update topic, especially the glitches mentioned. I have run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I finally manage to get all the way to the download screen, but when I click the download button it displays a message "e - dll cannot open the usb serial port. code: 87" Luckily the phone worked fine after I restarted it, just the way it was before, but I am unable to update it. I am running Windows Vista. If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Help! This is the biggest thread that I've found on the update topic, especially the glitches mentioned. I have run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I finally manage to get all the way to the download screen, but when I click the download button it displays a message "e - dll cannot open the usb serial port. code: 87" Luckily the phone worked fine after I restarted it, just the way it was before, but I am unable to update it. I am running Windows Vista. If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You need to reinstall the drivers. It's malfunctioning, I've had the same problem.

Try this:

Goto add/remove programs and remove everything Samsung/Android related.
Reinstall Samsung flashing utility setup.
Plug in phone
Check device manager under "modems" for your samsung device
if it's not there, remove usb, and reconnect it (this usually does it for me)
Device manager should now have your device under 'modems'
Run the utility and voila! should work.

Reactions: af71731
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones