1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Clarification on Storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by holyblood, Jul 4, 2011.

1. holyblood

holyblood Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    Hi guys!

Just got my SGSII yesterday and:cool: I have not installed any sd card and was wondering when I look into Settings -> Storage, I see Internal storage of around 2GB and USB storage of about 11.49GB..so my questions are these:

1. Is the USB storage the main storage of the device? and the Internal storage is like a partition for the system files or something?
    2. I installed Tweetdeck and noticed that it got installed in the Internal storage part, can I have it transferred over to USB storage? or is there a setting that defaults itself to the USB storage instead of the Internal one?
    3. I have not connected the phone to a PC, but when I do, would it only detect the Internal, or the USB storage or both.

Hope you guys can clarify this for me.

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Internal Storage is the default installation destination but cannot be used for storing user data.

In Settings/Applications/Application Management you'll find an option for most apps to "Move to SD Card". Try that - with no external card mounted it may work. I haven't tried this myself, mind.

Unfortunately not, unless you root the handset and hack a config file.

Only the USB Storage is recognised as a removeable drive.

holyblood likes this.