• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Clarivue Ultra-Clear Screen Protector Review

I just got the Clarivue anti-glare. It's a fine product. It went on fairly easily and fits well. However, the screen is not as clear - it's a bit pixelated. But I can still read gmail text fine (the smallest text on the phone). But this is trade-off for better visibility outside in the sun (I hope). Also, the screen does not feel as smooth (there is more resistance when you swipe). But no fingerprints. Pros and Cons to both types. I also got the clear version in case I decide I don't like the anti-glare version. I'll let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0
I just got the Clarivue anti-glare. It's a fine product. It went on fairly easily and fits well. However, the screen is not as clear - it's a bit pixelated. But I can still read gmail text fine (the smallest text on the phone). But this is trade-off for better visibility outside in the sun (I hope). Also, the screen does not feel as smooth (there is more resistance when you swipe). But no fingerprints. Pros and Cons to both types. I also got the clear version in case I decide I don't like the anti-glare version. I'll let you know how it goes.

If your OCD about finger prints, and are outside often, keep the anti-glare on. Other wise go with nothing at all. I have them both, and just did not like the clear at all from clarivue. Held more prints then the naked screen does. The anti-glare does its job, however there are clearer anti-glare screens out there. Boxwave is one of the better ones and covers the whole device.

Upvote 0
I can tell you which screen protector NOT to get... The Verizon anti-glare ones. I got them when I ordered my phone at the Verizon store, the guy working there was really adamant about buying them, saying how they go a great job of cutting glare down outside, so I figured I might as well spend the extra $10 for them. Not only does the protector cover just the screen and makes it blurry as hell, but it does a HORRIBLE job of cutting down glare. The other day on the train, I saw someone with a new DInc without a screen protector on, and I was like "WOW I forgot how nice the screen is on this thing!". The only positive thing I can say about this product is the surface feels nice and swipes with less "stick" than the naked screen.

I'm going to pick up the Stenhiel CC now, should be a vast improvement.

Upvote 0
I'm going to pick up the Stenhiel CC now, should be a vast improvement.

FYI, I bought the Steinheil Crystal Clear protectors for my DI. They are extremely hard to install but look great if you are fortunate enough to get it right. I am very fussy about things being straight and knew I wouldn't be happy if it was crooked at all or if there were many bubbles or any dust under it. Well, even as fastidious as I am, I couldn't get the first one on w/o a total mess. When the thing was lined up perfectly at the earpiece, it was crooked at the optical sensor. Not a good thing for a Type A, like me. Had to rip it back off and throw the first one away. It must have taken me an hour to finally get the second one on correctly and, even though it is straight this time, there is one dust bubble on the bottom right that still bothers me.

The plus side is that the Steinheil looks terrific, covers the entire front - even around the optical sensor - and isn't sticky at all. Most of the time I simply forget it's on there.

Oh. One more thing... I found it interesting that when I took my DI to a corporate Verizon store, the assistant manager told me I needed to get a screen protector for it soon. The Steinheil was already on it! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones