• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Clarivue Ultra-Clear Screen Protector Review

SeattleYanksFan

Android Expert
Mar 1, 2010
USA
Well, after passing on all other screen protectors in order to wait for Clarivue, having heard some great things, I finally received it about 2 weeks after I ordered.

The Bad --

All I can say is I am underwhelmed. Installation was not difficult, but considering the protector is not perfectly fitted to the screen as I would've expected, it wasn't easy either. Because of this imperfect fit, some (very little) of the screen remains unprotected at the top and bottom. I received two protectors and used them both on 2 phones, same story for both. I got dust under the first one because I had to keep repositioning it due to the poor fit. The second one has no dust underneath, yet a small air bubble in a corner that has yet to fade.

Also, 2 screen protectors, yet only 1 wet cleaning cloth that dried out within 2 minutes of opening it, so I couldn't use it for the 2nd protector.

Fingerprints are incredibly visible. MUCH more than the Verizon protector I had previously.

The Good --

The protector is VERY clear and swiping is very smooth, no stickiness. No orange peel either.

Two protectors for $11 is pretty reasonable (although not as cheap as some other high quality protectors like PhantomSkinz).

I'll try to post pics later.

I'd give these a B and I will likely try the PhantomSkinz.

You do know that they intentionally cut the protector that way so it doesn't touch the edges which would cause bubbles, don't you? That's why I love their protectors as I can get a bubble free application. The ones that are cut exact are next to impossible to apply without bubbles. The cleaning cloth can be rewetted with just one or two drops of water.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the review. I bought the antiglare ones so I hope they're good.

Yeah, feel free to post your thoughts. I'd be interested to hear.

I should note, overall the protector will make people happy, I just was a bit surprised with the improper cut. It looks a little off given it doesn't fit perfectly. If Clarivue fixes that, I'd bump it to a B+/A-.

Upvote 0
You do know that they intentionally cut the protector that way so it doesn't touch the edges which would cause bubbles, don't you? That's why I love their protectors as I can get a bubble free application. The ones that are cut exact are next to impossible to apply without bubbles. The cleaning cloth can be rewetted with just one or two drops of water.

Well, there's a difference between not fitting exactly and being poorly cut. They have a cut out for the earpiece, yet if you line up the optical trackpad it misses the earpiece completely and just looks silly.

I've had a perfectly fit protector on my iPod touch for 3 years. Never had any air bubble issues or peeling. It's just too bad that company only makes them for Apple products.

Upvote 0
Well, there's a difference between not fitting exactly and being poorly cut. They have a cut out for the earpiece, yet if you line up the optical trackpad it misses the earpiece completely and just looks silly.

I've had a perfectly fit protector on my iPod touch for 3 years. Never had any air bubble issues or peeling. It's just too bad that company only makes them for Apple products.

I'll have to take a look and see how bad it is. I just received my anti-glare yesterday but wot be putting them on as I'm replacing my Inc. I thought the cut was perfect for my EnD Touch both clear and anti- glare.

Upvote 0
I installed my clear tonight. Had no issues other than as the OP saying, the cut if fitted to the top cutout for the earpiece when perfectly aligned, leaves about 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch of the screen not covered on the bottom. Side fit is perfect. It is only top to bottom that is not quite long enough.

Only comment I have is the shipping came in a plane envelope. No padding. This allowed one of my two protectors to be damaged on shipping.

Luckily the first one went on perfect. Cannot even tell it is on. I had an anti glare and the distortion of the screen got to me. Love the clear on it now!

Sent via Tapatalk on my HTC Incredible.

Upvote 0
i just got and installed my Clarivue ultra clear. like stated previously, fitment could be much better. it's the right width, but it could be about an eighth of an inch longer. there is quite a bit of the top and bottom that is still uncovered.

other than fitment not being perfect the screen protector seems great. installation wasn't to bad, i got a few pieces of lint or dust under it at first, but was able to use a piece of scotch tape and in the end it came out flawless. the hardness is great. it feels like there is no protector at all. it's also very very very clear, it looks as if no screen protector is even installed, well other than being able to see the edges because of fitment issues.

overall i give it a b+

oh, almost forgot to mention i am using the red Verizon silicon case with it. putting the case back on after installing the screen protector was no issue. i had no problems getting it back on without peeling or bubbling the edges. we'll see how the two work out together in the long run. i'll report back.

Upvote 0
I received and installed mine today. It is my opinion that some of you have exceedingly high expectations for a piece of plastic. For $12, I'm very pleased with the two protectors I received. The company is in WA state; I received mine on the east coast five (business) days after the shipping confirmation with their free shipping option. Installation took about 20 minutes, the majority of that being where I removed each individual dust particle with a piece of tape to ensure there were no bubbles. The size is a non-issue and, as mentioned above, the protectors are intentionally cut slightly smaller than the phone face's actual size and this makes them very easy to apply.

vrugyb.jpg

5kkiuf.jpg

2vjdhj6.jpg

Upvote 0
I received and installed mine today. It is my opinion that some of you have exceedingly high expectations for a piece of plastic. For $12, I'm very pleased with the two protectors I received. The company is in WA state; I received mine on the east coast five (business) days after the shipping confirmation with their free shipping option. Installation took about 20 minutes, the majority of that being where I removed each individual dust particle with a piece of tape to ensure there were no bubbles. The size is a non-issue and, as mentioned above, the protectors are intentionally cut slightly smaller than the phone face's actual size and this makes them very easy to apply.
Great pictures, but the bottom does look really bad. Yes it's only $12, but $12 is expensive for two small pieces of plastic, so it's not unreasonable to expect a near-perfect fit. The fact that these are obviously a bit too short plus do not cover the area across the bottom of the track pad make these a big thumbs down in my book...

Upvote 0
I understand what you are saying, but again, the issue is that you seem to insist that Clarivue made a mistake in sizing the protectors for the Incredible, which is false. Really, Clarivue explicitly states on their website that protectors are intentionally slightly smaller and this smaller size is purposeful and functional.
Clarivue FAQ said:
Is the screen protector an exact fit?
Yes, all of Clarivue screen protectors are specifically designed to fit each model, there is no cutting or modifying needed. The Screen Protector will be slightly smaller than the actual screen to avoid bubbles.

Besides this, let me ask you, what is a screen protector going to protect in those few millimeters that are left bare? Anything that could possibly create marks in that area is probably a symptom of poor usage habits. I guess I am under the impression that those who purchase screen protectors are inherently rather fastidious with their electronic devices and wouldn't expose their phones to situations that could harm such a small part of the phone to begin with.

But again, I understand your comments, and thanks for the photo compliments.

Upvote 0
the pics of the stenhiels look much nicer. i'm going to switch once they are back in stock again. not happy at all with the fitment. yes they are only 12 bucks they they are two small sheets of 12 dollar plastic. i was expecting much better fitment. i'll continue to use mine but only until i get my hands on a stenhiel one.

Upvote 0
Hm. That doesn't look that bad, really. My fingers are never down in that area anyway, so as long as it does its job and doesn't interfere with sensitivity or screen appearance, I'm all gravy.

Far as flaws can go in terms of screen protector design, a teeny bit of less length is WAY down the severity list.

nah, it doesn't look all that bad, mine looks the exact same way. but it would look a lot nicer if it extended down a little further and wrapped around the optical sensor. it's just not what i was expecting when i ordered them. just a bit disappointed.

i do however love the feel of it. i think it feels great and i hope the stienheil feels exactly the same whenever i finally get one of them. i also like the look of the clarivue other than the fitment. it is very very clear and looks as if there is no screen protector on at all.

Upvote 0

vrugyb.jpg

5kkiuf.jpg

2vjdhj6.jpg

winstonoboogie, just curious, why does your lock screen say verizon wireless?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones