• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class Action Lawsuit against T-Mobile and Asurion

SamsungVibrant

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
Well this is interesting, I get a class action notice in the mail today. Class action against T-Mobile and Asurion.

The class action is about:

T-Mobile and Asurion selling insurance without adequately disclosing that the insurance policy permits Asurion to fulfill claims with:
1)Refurbished Phones
2)Phones of a different make
3)Phones of a different model
4)Phones with a value less than the cost of the deductible

the notice gives a weblink
Cole v. Asurion/T-Mobile - Home Page

Here is the actual notice:
http://www.mobilephoneinsurancelawsuit.com/pdfs/ASC_NOT_web.pdf

Gotta say, this is unsurprising. As someone that constantly got my ass chewed because I refused to sell asurion when I knew it was a scam, I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened.

have you heard about the class action that verizon just lost, MILLIONS are being awarded to verizon customers. Verizon, had no way of blocking internet access on phones when customers didn't want it. So if you gave a phone to your teenager, there was no way to set parental controls to prevent them from going on the internet and using data, which charges per megabyte or megabit. Anyways, Verizon lost!

Guess what, I've had an argument myself with T-Mobile about placing a block on data use on phones I give people and don't want them using the internet, after all I pay the bill. For years t-mobile told me NO WAY TO BLOCK INTERNET, until recently. Hmmm seems like T-Mobile should get their own lawsuit too.

Or how about when you get a text message from people, and you don't have a text message plan, you get charged anyways. If some jerk sends you 500 spam texts, you gotta pay for them. I don't know what the new policy is, but many years ago T-Mobile would tell you "sorry no way to stop incoming texts." That is another perfect class action.

Upvote 0
Or how about when you get a text message from people, and you don't have a text message plan, you get charged anyways. If some jerk sends you 500 spam texts, you gotta pay for them. I don't know what the new policy is, but many years ago T-Mobile would tell you "sorry no way to stop incoming texts." That is another perfect class action.

I think t-mobile now has an option to block all incoming and outgoing text messages.

Upvote 0
So your answer is just "Sue sue sue"? There is a difference between a consumer knowing what they are getting into and being deliberately misled.

Who are you addressing that question to? Me?

Yes, if a widespread class of customers are mislead then a lawsuit is in order.

Also you really didn't make any sense, the point of this class action is customers were misled. Just like you said in your original statement.

Maybe when big companies continue to take advantage of customers we should sit back in our diapers and suck our thumbs? Is that better?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones