• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class Action Suit for 2.0

I'm Going with a MyTouch Slide... Same a the HTC Legend regarding hardware, but more Memory 512/512 ram/rom & a Keyboard... and once it's Rooted & Kernel source. I'm sure we can over clock it to 800mhz or 1Ghz + like they did the Droid.

MyTouch Slide Data Sheet > T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide detailed information (Phone Arena)

Bh you gonna stop work on 2.1 on this phone?
Whats your opinion on Wave Bada os?I want to get something with super amoled but cant decide between galaxy s or wave or desire.

Upvote 0
Bh you gonna stop work on 2.1 on this phone?
Whats your opinion on Wave Bada os?I want to get something with super amoled but cant decide between galaxy s or wave or desire.

idk, that the User choice... I however will never buy another Samsung Device... Though if the Galaxy S uses Odin I might be able to Root it the same way I did the BH2, but I'm not about to pay for one just to test it.....

Regarding the Other Phone's, it's really a judgment call regarding what you like!

I like the Slide which is why I'm going with it...

as for Dev. on teh 2.1 Rom's, no, we don't have source! I can't build anything & we don't have source for the Camera / Sound / RFS / FSR / FSR_STL ... All which are proprietary drivers from Samsung.. My Hands are tied at this point for any major Dev. on this Phone & with the Latest New's I'm Disgusted to the Point I just want rid of this Phone to get off this sinking ship per say..

I suggest everyone do the same imo, but it's the user choice as to what they are wanting, if you like the BH2, then keep it.. I however love to be able to Design Rom's and this phone is moreless stuck with what we have now.. Sad Really!!!

If this is true (I'm still holding out hope, orphaning an android phone after 6 months would do terrible things to Samsung's sales in the long run. Especially since 2.x with T-Wiz [in ALL it's glory] is already out on another phone.), would the Behold 2 be the first orphaned android phone?

No Sadly, the Galaxy has been Dropped as well, & lets be real regarding this... The behold 2 is the Cousin to the Galaxy... So Yes this pissed me off, but Surprised? no!

Upvote 0
yeah i'm not suprised either. bh_man you did a lot of hard work here, i been watching you, helping others with problems, answering everyone's questions even if they were answered already. it's a shame that you will not be able to work on a custom 2.x rom in the future.

.........lol maybe thats why they are not releasing a 2.x update for the bh2, because they probably see that we uses custom roms anyway and say "oh they managed to get 1.6 on their phones, lets not make a 2.x and let them make their own" lol , but it's a shame. i too don't know if i will buy another samsung device after owning this (free) phone. hell i might even go back to winmo (hd2?? hmmm) but i am focused on becoming a blackberry owner now as i never owned one.

Upvote 0
pretty easy being that it's an HTC phone.

I'm already running the espresso mytouch slide rom on my MT3G 1.2.

I wouldn't Call it espresso, I was the First to port that Rom & the espresso is based off 2.0.1 frameworks.. The True untouched espresso that is...

It's more the Legend if anything, Hold off why? 512 ram / 512 rom
The CPU is an arm 11 so we know it can be Overclocked. 5mp Camera & Keyboard, plus lwp.

idk, everyone should get what they want though, I'm just in love with HTC again is all... LMAO!!

inaz4sun I think we should view all of these rumors as just that. Its not official until its official.

idk, when I'm told that striaght from a Higher person at samsung... I'm not playing the Guessing game any longer!!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't Call it espresso, I was the First to port that Rom & the espresso is based off 2.0.1 frameworks.. The True untouched espresso that is...

It's more the Legend if anything, Hold off why? 512 ram / 512 rom
The CPU is an arm 11 so we know it can be Overclocked. 5mp Camera & Keyboard, plus lwp.

idk, everyone should get what they want though, I'm just in love with HTC again is all... LMAO!!

idk, when I'm told that striaght from a Higher person at samsung... I'm not playing the Guessing game any longer!!

Does it come with LWP?, nothing in the system dump indicated it and everything I've heard sounds like it won't come pre stock. Although I'm sure once rooted this won't be a problem.

Anyways, it'll be good to get you back on the HTC side of modding again. Lord knows we can use it.

Upvote 0
Does it come with LWP?, nothing in the system dump indicated it and everything I've heard sounds like it won't come pre stock. Although I'm sure once rooted this won't be a problem.

Anyways, it'll be good to get you back on the HTC side of modding again. Lord knows we can use it.

Well, thought it did, though I'm still not 100% sure why the used the espresso theme.. as the espresso is 2.0.1 & the Slide is 2.1...

But, as with everything time will tell I guess.. :thinking:

Frankly I've heard both, with LWP & Without LWP

I'll ask my buddy that has played with one and let you know what he says.

*EDIT*
No LWP yet..
But that will change once we Root it :D

Upvote 0
I sure am glad I didn't pay for mine! I hate it, for all those that did. What sucks is that it's a really good base platform, or form. :mad:
I thought we would see 2.1 with you Eugene, but Sammy doesn't care about what they have already sold, just what they can sell new. I do, truly, thank you for the ride. It's been a lot of fun, and I've learned a lot.
I think I'm back to a windows phone, as I can't sync to my outlook from the Android. I like the HTC HD2 which is WinMo 7 Series ready. But it's a T-Mo phone. Idk... :thinking:
HTC does seem to be the way to go, now that they finally built in enough memory to do something with. I guess with Verizon, it's the Incredible, w/ 1g Snapdragon, 8g on board, a 3.7 AMOLED & an 8 Mpx camera, with flash! Also has Android 2.1. still don't know...:(

Upvote 0
Damn, after looking at the Spec. on the Galaxy S, I really really want one.. Just can't bring my Self to get another Samsung Device.. I don't know at this point, do I sell & jump ship, or do I hold out for around Aug. to see if anything new is Released..

oh what to do, lmao..

I feel the same. The issue is that whatever is released in August is sure to be bested by something in November and so on.

The "when to get in" question is always tough. Personally I am going to be getting a NexusOne for T-Mo should nothing epic be announced at Google I/O this week. There wont be much hardware wise that flat out crushes the Nexus for at least 6 months I feel. Android 2.2 is to bring some really sick speed improvements to the N1 with the JIT compiling, so it is certainly shaping up to be a great enthusiast device for the long haul.

Shameless Plug: My BH II is already on Criagslist in Central NJ for anyone interested unlocked.

Thanks again for all of your hard work BH_MAN, your Galaxy ROM really made this device a treat to use!

Reactions: BH_MAN
Upvote 0
I would only hold out for third generation Androids because they are supposed to be sporting Tegra chipsets, which is exciting to me.

I hear ya on the Galaxy S specs, though...I just think we'd be walking into the same trap.

EDIT: I went over to the Galaxy S page to leave them a warning, when I saw Behold_This's post, and I was wondering what you guys thought:

"[The Galaxy S is] rumored for a late july, early august release. it's also rumored that touchwiz 3.0 updates will be released to most touchwiz phones currently on twiz 2.0. this includes the behold 2 which, it is rumored, will be receiving the update along with android 2.1 (fyi not all twiz phones run android) the downside is that that will be the behold's last update as the only twiz phone to get froyo (android 2.2) will be the galaxy s...eventually since the galaxy s will ship with 2.1."

EDIT EDIT: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/76252-confimed-date.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones