• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Classic Evo

Should be the new one. He just released the final version 0.0.5. With most ROMS the newest is the best. Unless its a nightly, those can be iffy..

Love this ROM

I think I was being developer specific. I meant of the standard sense 1.0 roms, which is the best out of the like 8 I've seen? lol

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
I think I was being developer specific. I meant of the standard sense 1.0 roms, which is the best out of the like 8 I've seen? lol

That will boil down to your personal preference and experience. WWFMMNWFY.

Tommy is no slouch he has been messing with this stuff for a while so people who know of him would naturally think his are the best. some may not.

The word best is more personal that mechanical. Its not always based on the functions and speed.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
mostly I like it because it is not a port and is just an optimized version of what our phones were meant to run. For as nice as the eye candy of sense 3.0 is, none of the roms that are ports, or hybrids of ports, or amalgamation of ports and base evo roms, work as flawlessly, or as quickly, as a simple highly streamlined sense 1.0 rom.

personally I just removed the sense launcher stuff and made it a 'senseless' rom. I like this better than running pure AOSP builds because they always seem to have quirks or bugs attached since they weren't necessarily created to be phone specific, whereas something like tommy's rom that is based off of the actual latest evo stock version is

Upvote 0
Does tommy's ROM have the newest Sense camera or an older one? I'm thinking of trying this ROM out too. Also, will the older SBC sense kernels work, like netarchy's?

The camera software is missing some of the features of MikG, but whether its still the stock camera or not I'm not entirely sure. Its been too long since I've been unrooted to remember.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Does tommy's ROM have the newest Sense camera or an older one? I'm thinking of trying this ROM out too. Also, will the older SBC sense kernels work, like netarchy's?

the camera is the original sense 1.0 camera. I asked tommy if his tweaked 3.0 camera would work with this and he said he highly doubted it, so I never bothered to push it and try.

but I don't really care about that now that I bought pano cam, pro hdr, and camera zoom fx for .10 cents a piece during the market blowout sale. I just created a camera folder with folder organizer and can choose whichever I want, it takes about the same amount of time as fiddling with the settings on the 3.0 app to get it to do what I want in a given situation

I thought it was decided that sbc kernals weren't needed with the latest ota, since battery monitor widget is showing it bump charging now?

Upvote 0
I thought it was decided that sbc kernals weren't needed with the latest ota, since battery monitor widget is showing it bump charging now?

I hadn't noticed that. I'll plug my phone in at night and when I check the BMW readings it will charge to 100% and then within 30 minutes be down to 93%.

I just checked my log for last night and, it does show that it will add anywhere between + 9 to 54 ma so maybe it does sustain 100%? I just have the immediate fall after unplugging it. If I throw it back on the charger for 15 minutes after I wake up it will stay in the 90% range for 3 hours or so.

So I guess it does bump charge?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones