• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Classified Section

Bob Cat

Careful, They're sharp!!
Nov 17, 2010
Midland's, South Carolina
I have been following a thread of the sale of a phone gone bad:http://androidforums.com/classifieds/404577-droid-x-priced-sell-new-post.html and a member brought up the suggestion of having a rating/feedback system in place for the classified section. All though it hasn't happened two may times it does make members a little nervous when making a purchase. Me being old school and needing to touch something before i buy it, I did purchase two items from the classifieds which went good but I was constantly worried I wouldn't get them. A system of rating a members sales would help eleaveate those worries. I don't know what would be involved behind the sceens or how much trouble it would be to do it. Just sayin'................

Yes this has been talked about a lot - there isn't a system that works well for us out there, well not well enough to go through the trouble to worry about. However, now that this is the second issue like this to come up, something may need to be done.

I was shocked with this latest one, the user has a few hundred posts, I'm suprised they'd scam.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure a ratings system would do much except show who is GOOD. For the bad eggs, it won't help. They'll scam and go. Or scam and create a new account and wait for someone to take a chance on them - which is what is happening with anyone without feedback yet anyway.

Upvote 0
Rating system probably won't work since most of the deals here are one off type and won't rack up a high rating like pro sellers on eBay.

Yes this has been talked about a lot - there isn't a system that works well for us out there, well not well enough to go through the trouble to worry about. However, now that this is the second issue like this to come up, something may need to be done.

I was shocked with this latest one, the user has a few hundred posts, I'm suprised they'd scam.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure a ratings system would do much except show who is GOOD. For the bad eggs, it won't help. They'll scam and go. Or scam and create a new account and wait for someone to take a chance on them - which is what is happening with anyone without feedback yet anyway.

Upvote 0
I have been following a thread of the sale of a phone gone bad:http://androidforums.com/classifieds/404577-droid-x-priced-sell-new-post.html and a member brought up the suggestion of having a rating/feedback system in place for the classified section. All though it hasn't happened two may times it does make members a little nervous when making a purchase. Me being old school and needing to touch something before i buy it, I did purchase two items from the classifieds which went good but I was constantly worried I wouldn't get them. A system of rating a members sales would help eleaveate those worries. I don't know what would be involved behind the sceens or how much trouble it would be to do it. Just sayin'................

definitely +1

I got your point mod, there are no such a thing as a perfect systems, it must have a flaw(s) somewhere in them. TRUE. But IMHO, although it far from perfect, but if this forum has a feedback systems that can help both seller & buyer in the classified forum, the possibility of transaction went bad could be reduced. Again, IMHO

Upvote 0
definitely +1

I got your point mod, there are no such a thing as a perfect systems, it must have a flaw(s) somewhere in them. TRUE. But IMHO, although it far from perfect, but if this forum has a feedback systems that can help both seller & buyer in the classified forum, the possibility of transaction went bad could be reduced. Again, IMHO

I actually dont think u got what they said... Even in a site like ebay.. Where someone can ripoff people then just start a new account then start over... What can u do about it?? Complain and give them a low rating... Too late they already started a new account while u were still waiting on whatever u bought...

Not to mention... It says admin by their name... Not mod...

Upvote 0
I actually dont think u got what they said... Even in a site like ebay.. Where someone can ripoff people then just start a new account then start over... What can u do about it?? Complain and give them a low rating... Too late they already started a new account while u were still waiting on whatever u bought...

Not to mention... It says admin by their name... Not mod...

have you done any transaction on ebay? because you don't seem as someone who had.. okay, you talking about ebay right? easy, you can do dispute via your paypal account, since you pay via paypal, and you will get your money back, then you give those bastard a negative feedback, NOT a low rating.. :rolleyes:

Oh, about mod/admin, well.. my bad, but truly.. it's a po-tay-toe/po-tah-toe to me.. :)

Upvote 0
have you done any transaction on ebay? because you don't seem as someone who had.. okay, you talking about ebay right? easy, you can do dispute via your paypal account, since you pay via paypal, and you will get your money back, then you give those bastard a negative feedback, NOT a low rating.. :rolleyes:

Oh, about mod/admin, well.. my bad, but truly.. it's a po-tay-toe/po-tah-toe to me.. :)

Paypal isn't the issue here. There is no reason you can't use paypal here on AF with our current system (or lack thereof). In the example sale that went bad, as linked above, some people did indeed dispute it via paypal and get their money back.

The problem is that if we did install a feedback system here, a scammer could create a new account and get a clean record again. Sure, you can go and dispute the paypal transaction, but your negative feedback means nothing to them.

The only people who the feedback system would even apply to are honest people who get positive feedback. That's the benefit of having such a system :)

Upvote 0
I'm bumping this thread as I believe there is about to be another sale go bad. This pic is from another vBulletin forum I'm a member at. It's a feedback system called "iTrader" (Yea I know, lame Apple name) Since this is also a vBulletin forum, is it safe for me to assume that this forum also has the same thing?

zti544.png

Those saying the scammers creating new accounts, isn't that a rule that all secondary accounts would be banned including the original account?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones