1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Clean Master Antivirus issue

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Shahriar Muhammad, May 28, 2017.

1. Shahriar Muhammad

While scanning my device, an issue was detected that requested four files - two with android icons, one with perhaps notification icon and another which I can't remember - to be uploaded to CM security cloud or something like that. I was unsure if I should allow this or decline, but then did it anyway.

Afterwards, I downloaded CM security app as the clean master app requested. But the previous action made me realize that there can be security concern. I have my fingerprint added to my phone galaxy j7 prime which runs android marshmallow.

Should I be worried? I later uninstalled both of the apps clean master and cm security.

Once I thought I should reinstall clean master and perform the same process to take a screen shot, but the full version of clean master app can no longer be found on playstore, only the lite version is found.

Any help and insight is appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Get a security app from a reputable firm and see whether it finds anything. Don't install anything from Cheetah Mobile for any reason - they make their money from data-mining people who install their products, and are infamous for making fake claims in their apps.

3. Shahriar Muhammad

Is Kaspersky antivirus and security a good app for this?

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've not used it, but they are a reputable company.

Clean Master

Clean Master Forum

com.cleanmaster.mguard_x86

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs