• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cleanse for my galaxy s

After I installed ICS via Odin problems started, ICS didn't work very well, specially after few days it's gotten even worse. So I came back to Gingerbread and since then I tried 7 different stock and custom roms and all of them operate poorly, SGS freezes, apps crash, had even low memory error and it takes usually a lot of time for start screen to load after pressing home.:(

So, clearly, simple rom changing doesn't help and I must do something else(it's worth mentioning that I always did wipe data/factory reset before rom changing). I think it had to do with ICS try but now I don't want ICS, I just want it to work normally, even if on Froyo. I was wondering if it can be something caused by my habit of removing battery when SGS freezes(not always though).

Somebody can recommend me a good way to cleanse my device, if possible I would like to format everything on /mount (possibly I prefer to wipe everything that's possible). And if you think it's ****** up beyond my repair possibilities, should I just install newest stock rom for my carrier, pretend being dumb and go service?
please move if posted in the wrong place

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones