1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cleanup Paired Bluetooth Devices

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CptCurl, May 23, 2011.

1. CptCurl

CptCurl Newbie

Please forgive my ignorance and let me say I searched for an answer on this forum before posting this.

I want to clean out old Bluetooth devices no longer used.

Here's what led up to this. I had a Jawbone Icon I bought right after getting my Droid X. It paired and connected without any difficulty whatever. I used it over a year and recently it died. That left me without an earpiece.

My wife had an older BlueAnt earpiece I paired and connected (no problem). I didn't like it as much as the Jawbone, so I ordered another Jawbone. When it arrived I had trouble getting it to pair with the Droid X. After several tries it did finally pair. However, it won't keep a steady connection and often it fails to connect when turned on. I may be wrong, but I suspect this has something to do with having multiple devices, particularly multiple Jawbone Icon devices paired with my phone.

I had thought I would delete the pairing and re-do it to get a better job. On my home screen I push the menu button, then "Settings", then "Wireless & Networks", then "Bluetooth Settings". There are two sub-menus at this page, "Bluetooth Settings" and "Bluetooth Devices". The menu button only pulls up a choice of "Scan for Devices".

Under the "Bluetooth Devices" menu I see entries for various devices including the first Jawbone Icon, the current Jawbone Icon, the BlueAnt, etc. I can find nothing that allows me to delete any of these devices. I would like to delete them all and start over by pairing my current Jawbone Icon.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
    Curl

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

You should be able to long press on the desired device in menu/settings/wireless/bluetooth settings/bluetooth devices...and select unpair.

hdb7 and CptCurl like this.
  3. CptCurl

CptCurl Newbie

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Curl

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Hehe. Happy to help. :) The "long press" is an often forgotten feature.

5. hdb7

hdb7 Lurker

Helped me, too. Thanks!!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews