1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Clear a few things up for me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wiggity, Jan 11, 2012.

1. wiggity

wiggity Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Well I am looking to finally venture into my first tablet. I have always used ASUS boards in my PC builds and have always been satisfied. However reading around about the Up and coming prime I see a lot of mixed emotion about it.

My questions are as follows, and if you have any additional advice for me please do post.

1. I have read on multiple sites that ASUS was going to release a 64GB version of the prime in the second quarter of the year. But I have also read about the new TF700T being released in the second quarter that will be available in 32gb and 64gb. Is this going to be the same tablet, will there be a 64gb with the metal back and 720 screen ( I mainly ask for pricing reasons)? I haven't gotten a clear answer from my research.

2. For the prime owners, do you recommend the prime? have you had other tablets? Were you happier with the other products?

3. Also for the owners. Did you root? I have an X2 phone rooted, but just wanted an input on the tablet gurus here.

As you can see I am still new here and I believe this would be the appropriate place to post this if not I apologize in advance.

Also, thank you for any input, tips, advice.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    1. I believe they have already released the 64gb Prime, I could be wrong but when initially made my pre-order, I had the option for the 64gb Prime. I chose the 32gb

2. I would recommend the Prime. This is our first tablet but not new to the android scene, just new to the tablet scene. Other than the obvious issues with GPS(I didn't buy the Prime for GPS, btw) we have had no issues with the tablet. Battery life is great, performance is great, no issues with the wifi, haven't tried bluetooth. Overall, with the Prime now having ICS, I would highly recommend buying.

3. Haven't rooted yet because I see no real big positives to having a rooted device without a unlocked bootloader and a recovery. After bootloader is unlocked and a stable recovery is developed, I will probably root;)

BTW, welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wiggity likes this.
  3. zoukis05

zoukis05 Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Financial Analyst
    New York
    The current Prime is being sold with 32GB models ($499) and 64GB models ($599) in both Grey and Champagne, and . I haven't seen the 64GB model available recently, but have heard that some people that pre-ordered them have received theirs already
    From what I have read, the TF700T will also have 32GB models ($599) and 64GB models ($699).

I have tried the Samsung Tabs (10.1 and 8.9); I don't know what it was, but they just weren't enjoyable to use. They felt laggy and stuttered quite often during use. Although in hindsight that could have just been Honeycomb. Also, the 10.1 just seemed really long (which is why I swapped it for the 8.9) and was extremely uncomfortable to hold, especially in portrait mode.

I have not rooted. I don't really see a need to root my tablet personally. I have rooted my Nexus though, and also had a rooted DInc, DInc2 and OG Droid prior to my Nexus.

wiggity likes this.