1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Clear" button in notifications doesn't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dantesinferno, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dantesinferno

dantesinferno Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Just a quick clarification. There are two different types of "notifications" you'll see in the notification tray. The first type will have the heading "Ongoing", while the second will be "Notifications". Ongoing is for apps or processes that are running, currently. Notifications is for things that have already happened, and you're being alerted. The clear button will only remove things under "Notifications". Are you saying that the clear button does not remove those types of notifications? And if not, what happens? Is the clear button not available (grayed out?), or does it just not do anything? Is this for all notifications?

3. dantesinferno

dantesinferno Lurker

Sure thing, it affects the notifications that have already happened

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Hmm, ok, that's interesting. Are you sure there isn't a bigger problem, such as an issue with screen sensitivity in the top corner?

5. jahlers

jahlers Lurker

I too am having the same issue with the clear button in the notifications area and have not been able to resolve the problem. Had been working fine and now just today it stops working. Anyone found a fix yet?

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have you tried to reboot your phone?

7. Hilemanjr

Hilemanjr Lurker

I am having problems with the touch screen on my HTC EVO 4G, I can not use the clear button in the notification screen in the portrait mode but in Landscape mode I can. I do not think its the screen I have reset my phone back to factory settings and deleted my SD card and it has fixed the problem for a little while but it is now back. Has there been a fix for this or do I need to get a new phone for sure?

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no fix that i'm aware of. you might want to take it in and see what they can do. they will most likely do a reset anyways.

9. kmackva

kmackva Lurker

I started having the exact same problem yesterday. I've restarted, shut down, done everything I can think of and nothing works.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews