• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear internal memory?

adamus888

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
My android device tells me that i've 444 kb out of 301mb internal memory left. It's become glitchy and basically unusable. I'd looked on this forum before, so I decided to clear data and caches from my apps. I've found out that Package Installer uses 50mb of data (not cache - data), while most other apps don't use more that a couple of kb. The problem is, when i press "clear data", nothing happens. I get a prompt, asking me whether I'm sure, I say yes and nothing happens after that.
Any help at all would be appreciated along with advice on how to prevent such situations in the future. If you need additional info, be sure to ask.

Welcome to AF! :)
Thank you, kind sir!
Which phone do you own?
Ah, it's not a phone, you see. It's an ebook, Pocketbook IQ 701 to be exact. It has Eclair installed and I think it won't be supporting any future versions of android.
Can you move any of the apps to the SD Card in the apps menu?
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. I've already uninstalled all three 3rd-party apps in "manage applications". That freed up about 1mb.:thinking:

Upvote 0
You really only have a few choices:

1. Clean up your data
2. Move apps to SD
3. Uninstall apps

The problem is, when i press "clear data", nothing happens. I get a prompt, asking me whether I'm sure, I say yes and nothing happens after that.
That's all that happens. There's no problem unless your app is still using space for data after clearing.

Your device only appears to have 256MB so it's going to be very limited in capacity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones