• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear recent apps

rcyphermd

Android Expert
Oct 14, 2009
Sometimes when I scroll left I see an option to "clear all" recent apps. Other times it is not there. What is weird is sometimes I will have 12 apps on the background and the words will not be there. Other times I will have 3 open and it's there. Weird. Any suggestions?

Maybe you're not scrolling far enough? It's always the last entry and I've never not seen it.

Why do you want to clear the apps list?

Sometimes it's placebo and sometimes it's frustration. I've done it, but not to increase performance, which it wouldn't do anyway. It goes something like this ... Sunday afternoon I'm working in the yard or out with the wife and I want to check the football scores. Rather than drill down through the drawer for the NFL app, I'll just sweep up to get to recents. It should be pretty close to the front of the list on Sunday's, but no ... I've already looked up weed killer, got three emails, a text from my sister-in-law who reset here router AGAIN ... an amazon notification, the weather app ... you get the picture. I don't know if this is just me not used to the Pixel 4 yet, but I almost always tap on the wrong app, either because the recents scroll too fast or my eye-hand coordination just isn't what it used to be. After the second or third time, I say f%$ it and scroll all the way to the end with one big satisfying swipe and "clear all". I still have to go into the app drawer, but, at least for the next few minutes, the app that I'll most likely want is top of the list.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones