1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Clear Text Message Count on Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xbrad75, Feb 6, 2011.

1. xbrad75

xbrad75 Member

Title says all. Does anyone know how to clear this without having to go into stock messaging..?

I'm using GoSMS but it still shows the text as unread on lock screen.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast

There are many many many threads about this already, if you would have searched you would have answered your question.

Since you decided not to I am going to help you out. Nope, no way to clear it without going into the stock messenger. Use stock SMS or just deal with it.

Search people, SEARCH!

3. xbrad75

xbrad75 Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you (possibly) answered my question without wanting to. Hmm..

And I must not be the only one wondering, seeing that I have more than 2 views on this topic. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a rooting option that could turn it off, if there is a way to.

4. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast

The only way you are going to get rid of it is using a lockscreen replacement application like widgetlocker.

5. xbrad75

xbrad75 Member

I ended up having a widget on my main screen link to Messenger. So I just have to click my clock and hit back. It clears the count.

It's a hassle, but it gets rid of the problem, right...?

6. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

You can always go into the stock and turn off notifications, and in go sms set to mark as read

7. xbrad75

xbrad75 Member

My notifications are off in Stock, and I went into GOSMS and clicked Mark as Read. This didn't get rid of my count on the lock screen.

I guess I can just stay with my said strategy.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews