• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clear Text Message Count on Lockscreen

Title says all. Does anyone know how to clear this without having to go into stock messaging..?

I'm using GoSMS but it still shows the text as unread on lock screen.

There are many many many threads about this already, if you would have searched you would have answered your question.

Since you decided not to I am going to help you out. Nope, no way to clear it without going into the stock messenger. Use stock SMS or just deal with it.

Search people, SEARCH!

Upvote 0
Since you decided not to I am going to help you out. Nope, no way to clear it without going into the stock messenger. Use stock SMS or just deal with it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you (possibly) answered my question without wanting to. Hmm..

And I must not be the only one wondering, seeing that I have more than 2 views on this topic. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a rooting option that could turn it off, if there is a way to.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you (possibly) answered my question without wanting to. Hmm..

And I must not be the only one wondering, seeing that I have more than 2 views on this topic. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a rooting option that could turn it off, if there is a way to.

The only way you are going to get rid of it is using a lockscreen replacement application like widgetlocker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones