1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Clearing Cache.....Loading App Info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Siccmade, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

When i click on manage apps and go into an app and then it computes cache and info and stuff it takes forever and sometimes when trying to uninstall it does the same but mostly when trying to clear cache from the app its self in the manage apps thing it takes so long sometimes i just click off of it. Whats the deal? never has a issue before untill the last update they put out changed everything on the phone and even makes my battery drains fast.....help pls

2. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Also when i try to move app to sd it just says computing and i give up half the time cause ive waited 10+ mins for the stuff to load and say move to internal storage

3. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast

tried rebooting it ? tried clearing the cache from fast boot screen ? might help

4. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

This has been going on for a while now......I've Rebooted a few times since this has been going on

5. narayanan9190

you have two more options.
    try clearing system cache from the ap fast boot screen
    and/or
    do a factory reset (many had weird problems after upgrading to ics and a f.reset cleared them all)

6. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Ok so how do I clear from boot screen and its not just clearing the cache, when its computing an app it takes so long to load but I can try the boot screen thing and of that doesn't change anything ill have to reset phone which sux but sometimes you just have to do shit you do to want to do lol

7. narayanan9190

- Hold the power button until you get the "phone options" menu and then choose "power off."
    - With the phone powered off, while pressing and holding the voume up and down buttons at the same time, press and hold the power button until the phone starts and then release all three buttons.

You're now in the "Boot Mode Selection Menu"
    - Press the volume "down" button once to move the selection to "recovery"
    - Press the volume up button once to select "recovery"

The phone will now boot into recovery mode. You should first see the Moto logo followed by a picture of a droid.

- Press and hold the voume up and down buttons at the same time.

Your now in the recovery menu. The volume up/down buttons move the selection and the power button makes the selection.

- Move the selection to "Wipe cache partition" and then press the "power button." Your phone will now clear the memory cache.
    - When the menu pops back up, it should already be on "reboot system now." Press the "power" button to reboot the phone.

You would be surprised at how smooth your phone's performance would change to :D

Siccmade likes this.
  8. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Cool thx ill give that a shot when I get a chance thx

9. DaveTN

DaveTN Member

I had a similar problem in the past and it turned out to be a bad SD card. Are you using the one that came with your phone or another one?

David

10. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

I'm using a different SD card.....one never came with this razr when I bought it.

11. narayanan9190

yes i gave it a thought too...if your sd card has a low class (lower mbps) then it might slow down..but it should only slow down things that are associated with the contents that are stored in the sd card...like playing a song or watching a vid that is stored in it...i really don't think it would affect the system processes...but it "might" be that too...

12. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Seems like after the ics update the phone has less battery and everything is slow but the worst is trying to go in and move a app to SD and when it use to take 10 secs now take 5 mins....

13. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

well seems like nothings really changed after going into that boot mode thing......might just have to reformat. When i go into the manage apps and click on any app it just says computing on all the stuff.....i dont get it

14. narayanan9190

sad !
    hope reformatting will help !
    keep us posted

15. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Ok but I'm going to wait a little longer before I do it lol......I really don't want to have to reset the phone.....ill wait till it bothers me really bad then just do it then lol

16. narayanan9190

ha ha looks like it has already started getting to you :p

17. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews