1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Clearing Cache/ Partition and Other Ways to Free Up Space

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eg146, Mar 12, 2011.

1. eg146

eg146 Newbie
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Arizona
    I was searching for something else for my Droid 2 and I read someone mentioned clearing some type of cache (it was called something besides cache).

I cannot for the life of me find the name of this but it was something that takes up space in your phone. The word PARTITION sticks in my head.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? My phone is NOT rooted and I don't want to screw anything up. Once I went into the settings and cleared something like the contacts storage cache and the phone stopped working. Had to take it to Verizon and get it reset. I thought that cache was call history. Duh!! I know, stupid.

So I'm curious what is safe to clear and what should people like me (who aren't tech saavy) stay away from?

Appreciate any ideas. Thanks

PS- I only have 3 apps on my phone and they are the same apps I've had since I got the phone in July so apps likely aren't causing slowing.

Advertisement

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    FL
    Probably Dalvik Cache. I'm not sure how to delete it if you're not rooted. The only 2 ways I know how are to use Clockwork Recovery or CacheCleaner NG, but both require you to be rooted.