1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Clearing memory on phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yeh Im Legit, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Ok so my memory on my phone remains around 2/3's full (272 used 151 free currently) I have my apps and other things all moved to my SD card my text messages are limited to 100 per conversation (i can't find any other way to limit them) and i can't figure what is.causing it to be so full... I realize I have a lot of room left but i want a way to clear up some or atleast find where its going I have es explorer but that only shows the SD card as far as I can find... Any tips or apps that may help.... (oh the irony of downloading an app to get me more storage space) but something... Is my Facebook being linked to my contacts using all of that? I cleared out 75% of my friends and only have like 400... Just would feel more comfortable if I had more to work with because I've only had it about 2 months so I atleast want to know where its all going to... And as soon as i can root and remove bloatware I will... Is my memory not an issue or what should i do?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    you have 100 per conversation? how many total do you have? what messaging app are you using. some app like go sms can save your messages to your sd card. also keep in mind a lot of apps will use cache that can take up space as it runs or not runs. that is why your internal memory will fluctuate sometimes. you can check out the cache cleaners that are on the market.

3. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    I just use the messages stock program on the phone... total there are around 50 conversations not a lot of mms in there and I would like a way to clear messages after so long... Hoping maybe a mod does that after I root but I do clear the caches from the manage apps menu but those are mostly on my SD card... Without root and with bloatware what is the normal memory usage for this device?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    not sure of something that will clear messages like that. but if you use sms go you can move your messages to the sd card. pretty messaging app. as far as normal memory usage, that will be hard to say as every phone is different. but having at least 100 mb of internal memory is not to bad.

Tags: