1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Clearing phone WITHOUT use of screen...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by racedvl, Sep 16, 2011.

1. racedvl

racedvl Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    My Infuse LCD cracked under the glass making it useless, and eventually darking out. The phone still works as much as a phone can work without the screen. I have gotten a replacement phone now, but I have to send in my old phone now. I had some stuff saved on the phone i would like back. Is that possible? Plus i dont want those people that fix the phone to resell, going through my phone. My facebook, email, ect, is still logged in. These things bother me. Any ideas before i send it back in. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Plug up your phone to your PC and copy everything you want from your phone to your pc. Then do a hard reset on the phone to delete everything.

3. racedvl

racedvl Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Well, i cant plug the phone into my pc because you have to turn on the usb through the screen. So I have to accept that I can t have the stuff on my phone back. How does one do a hard reset?

4. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Sounds familiar... When my captivate dropped a deuce i go to my two friends at the att store.. Get this infuse but no such luck on all the pictures, apps, music and other stuff i had on there transfering over... Luckily because of sim i didnt lose my contacts... So lesson learned... This time do what im doing.. Att and many other apps allow u to back up everything thats on ur phone to their servers... Phone goes boom.. New phone and a few button presses later and ur back in action...

5. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hope they got the joke when walking out and i said 'wireless wizards my ass'

6. racedvl

racedvl Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    So as far as anyone knows, there is not a way to clear the phone before I send it in? Everything I have seen so far requires the use of the screen in some way.

7. WatsonN

WatsonN Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Everything.
    Arlington, TN
    It's probably too late, but.

What you can do is put it in recovery mode by holding the volume up and down when turning it on for about 10 seconds after. Then wait a minute so it can run all the checks.
    Push down twice so "delete all user data" is selected then push your power button. There may or may not be a conformation, I don't want to find out the hard way on my phone.
    You can also go back into recovery and go down four times and select "format internal sd-card" If you so wish.

Also if you have adb installed you can use pull to get your files off the phone.

8. fewfx

fewfx Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    When you phone is frozen, unresponsive, or perhaps you just want to format your device so you could sell it to someone else, then you could simply try to hard reset it so that all the data is wipe out and all the settings go back to the factory default settings. Here's how:
    Note: The below instructions will erase data on your device, so make sure that you have back them up first if you will to use those data later on. Data such as contacts, multimedia files, photo, and document can be backup onto the memory card first before resetting the device.
    Solution 1
    Key in *2767*3855# and dial it.