• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clearwire build-out

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
I'm currently half a mile from the signal and 2 miles from the nearest tower, according to the technician I spoke to. In the markets that have had 4G for a while, does clearwire continue to build out to make sure all areas are covered in the market, or do they let gaps in coverage happen within a market? Because if so, that would truly suck for me.

clearwire has a page on facebook. on one of the posts, one of the clearwire people mentioned a phone number to figure out if you are covered. i will try to find it.

they also post things like job openings which could be used to guess where they will be expanding to next

Upvote 0
thats why i hope they continue to try and cover areas within the market before they rush off in their frenzy to cover 120million people by the end of the year. I'd be extremely disappointed if that was the case because that would mean 4G would be nonexistent for me where I live and reduce the value of EVO.

Upvote 0
There are always gaps, hell Verizon has gaps on their call network to expect a new service to have full coverage in every little sector inside a "covered" area s just plain unrealistic. The question is how big will the gaps be? Wimax has a pretty broad coverage distance I don't foresee alot of gaps but will they exist? Of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones