1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Clicking Sound from Droid Earpiece

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DGalt, Jun 22, 2010.

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I hear this faint clicking sound coming from the earpiece whenever I'm on a phone call. I can hear the person fine, but the clicking is starting to drive me nuts.

Anyone else experience something similar to this?

Advertisement

2. iwishihadcake

iwishihadcake Member

Jun 21, 2010
    No, it may just be with your phone, a hardware defect. If you can reproduce the problem in store, VZW will send you a replacement... if not, they will do a factory reset and tell you to come back if the problem persists. Either way, worth a shot.

3. There was a post recently about this, IIRC Verizon said they would not replace the phone and it was supposed to be fixed w/2.2. (I don't have time right now to search for the post, lame, I know...sorry)
    I don't have a clicking noise but do get the 'whistle' every now and again.

4. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member

May 28, 2010
    Yes! This is driving me nuts! I posted that Verizon said there was nothing I can do but wait for update. Bluetooth helps a little....so sick of this phone, I mean glorified ipod.if anyone else has suggestions please share!

5. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Obnoxious thing is, my first phone didn't have this issue. This is a refurb (my first phone died on me and then came back to life...kinda wishing I had kept it since this one seems to have more issues than the first).

How is a firmware update going to fix what seems to be a hardware issue...

6. wholovesskunks

May 28, 2010
    Persistence pays off! I spoke with a very nice customer service rep today, level 1 only, and my new Incredible is on it's way. While I love the Droid's features, I will be happier with something that doesn't have the clunky keyboard that I never used. The Droid just isn't cutting it and my Eris never had sound quality issues. To each his own I guess but if you are really persistent, it will pay off. I am way out of my 30 day period and upgrade is not available until 2011. So it can be done......By a regular customer service rep, no less! I've already gotten my shipment confirmation email. :)

7. wholovesskunks

May 28, 2010
    And, I forgot to mention, they are not charging me any additional $$ to do this. Double yay!