1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

client side tethering app for my acer iconia a500?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by brandonoh777, Jan 3, 2012.

1. brandonoh777

brandonoh777 Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    I have had a android phone that I have rooted for over a yr now (Motorola flip side on at&t network) and I already usb tether it to my laptop (running win 7)

For Christmas I got an Acer iconia a500 android tablet and I would like to be able to do the same with it or even blue tooth tether it. The only app I got to successfully work with my phone/pc combination was easy tether pro. This app has a server side app you run on your phone and a small client side software package you install on your pc (I am assuming its drivers) and everything works just fine. Problem is I can not find this client side software in android to install on my a500. I have also tried pdanet and a few other apps form the market with no success. any ideas out there?

Also I have noticed this tablet is the same one offered by at&t and it has a slot for a simcard (that is taped over). But when I tried the simcard from my phone its almost like the slot is there in the plastic shell but the contacts are not there inside the tablet?

All I want is Internet access on my tablet on the go away from wifi!!!

Thanks for you help in advance!! :)

Advertisement