• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clipboard doesn't save text.

MarcoKa

Lurker
Feb 19, 2023
Hello, I have an A53 with Android 13, and I use Gboard as keyboard. All updated.
The normal copy and paste, works fine, but the clipboard doesn't keep text in memory more than a few hours.
After a bunch of hours, the copied text in clipboard, just disappear, regardless if I keep the phone on or I restart it.

With my old Android 9 phone, I had all the copied text always available in clipboard, until I manually deleted it.

Hello, I have an A53 with Android 13, and I use Gboard as keyboard. All updated.
The normal copy and paste, works fine, but the clipboard doesn't keep text in memory more than a few hours.
After a bunch of hours, the copied text in clipboard, just disappear, regardless if I keep the phone on or I restart it.

With my old Android 9 phone, I had all the copied text always available in clipboard, until I manually deleted it.
It might be your device well being, being efficient and keeping your device optimized. I never really use clipboard save for the frequent copy and paste. Never used it to copy for the entire day. You can try turning down your device wellbeing and see if that is the issue or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones