• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cliq running 2.1 Screenshoot.. Fake or real?

There needs to be a complaint thread for you people that keep complaining about 2.1 not being released.

However, if you look at the screenshot there are several things that stand out. The new update1 to 2.1 looks real. Could that be fake? Sure. But then look at the Gmail icon. That could be faked as well, but whoever photoshopped the image took a lot of time with the icon sets to fake us out. Look at the battery icon as well. If this wasn't fully charged it would raise some speculation if this was a real screenshot. The USB icon appears, which would make one think the phone is charging. Typical of a developer, developing applications, to have this 2.1 running on their phone with their phone attached to their developing PC.

Looks like we will just have to wait a little longer to get this 2.1 update that everyone is talking about.

Upvote 0
So you mean to tell me that MOTO is about ready to roll this out and T-mo is holding things up? Wasn't the date Q2 of 2010?

I know this is so cliche, but if they don't get 2.1 on this device, I will just sell it and go back to my BB.

I am so over all of this but HTC is no better... My buddy picked up an EVO and it loses battery in less than 3 hours on standby... now that's an ISSUE.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So you mean to tell me that MOTO is about ready to roll this out and T-mo is holding things up? Wasn't the date Q2 of 2010?

I know this is so cliche, but if they don't get 2.1 on this device, I will just sell it and go back to my BB.
From What I understand, yes. Motorola has the the 2.1 version from google. And with my original post I meant to say 2.1 Android version and 2.0.22 Moto Blur version. I had to reload all my apps and create a new blur account because 2.1 and the new Moto blur version resides on a different cloud. I couldn't just go to my existing blur account because on 2.1 it didn't recognize it. I think this may be the hold up. It would create headaches for a lot of people if they have to re-load everything and create a new blur account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones