1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Clock Always visible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gloriousnumber1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
    Photographer
    Portland, Oregon
    I am not sure if this is best for the applications thread, or if the phone can do this without that. I will make it quick and simple.

Is there a way to have a digital clock on my screen that I can see even when the phone is locked? I don't need weather, news, moving graphics, or anything like that.

I want to pick up my phone WITHOUT unlocking the screen and be able to tell what time it is.

Please tell me what I need to do or what app I need. Thanks.

Update: I tried "Off Clock" but the problem with that is that it won't unlock the screen by turning it on as usual. I have to touch home to unlock. That won't work. I want the clock visible when I push the power button or when it times out. Then I want the clock to disappear when I touch the power button so that the unlock screen turns on as always.

Advertisement

2. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennslyvaina
    Like this [​IMG]That's the default clock app that comes on the phone. The screen will stay on until you lock it and then it will come back up

3. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
    Photographer
    Portland, Oregon
    Actually I want it to be visible only until I unlock my screen. When it times out or I press the power button, then I want a clock to appear. When I press the power button, then I want that clock to disappear and be replaced by the lock screen. Imagine the phone sitting unused. Instead of a black screen, there would be a clock there but nothing else. That's what I want. I hope it makes sense.

4. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Sounds like a waste of battery to always have the screen on just for the clock.. Can't you just hit the power button real quick? There's a clock on the lock screen...

5. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI

Not to mention running the screen 24/7 will lead to burn in and other issues.

carracerz14 likes this.
  6. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
  7. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Years ago using winmo devices there was a clock app that did just this and to prevent burn in which was more common on those earlier screens it would move position every few seconds. I used it and it did not affect battery. I don't see why there couldn't be one out there today for android. I currently use "night clock" for an overnite clock on the table next to my bed. It's on for usually eight hours straight and no burn in. Not what the OP is looking for but just sayin'.

8. Rogus

Rogus Newbie
    None

May 12, 2012
    Yep. One of the things I still miss going from my Treo to the Maxx. Like a lot of people I use my phone as my watch and would like to not have to turn it on to check the time which I have to do regularly to keep on schedule.