1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Clock icon in notification bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rahdni, May 19, 2017.

1. Rahdni

Rahdni Newbie

May 19, 2017
    Turned phone on in morning and an alarm was set for 7:45 am. I did not set alarm and had no alarms set for any applications. I deleted alarm and notification bar icon wouldn't clear. I tried resetting phone twice, still there. Next i went to app mgr...clock app and cleared cache and data. Icon disappeared but came back 5 min. later. Tried this a few times, comes back every time. What would happen if i uninstalled Samsung clock app? Help!!

Advertisement

2. Airfluff

Airfluff Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Services
    Don't know if you've fixed your issue yet, but thought I'd chime in. I have a similar issue with the clock icon and don't know how to remedy it..but as far as uninstalling your clock app, are you rooted or does it actually say you can uninstall it? If it gives you the option to uninstall it, it should be fine. If you're rooted, and you're trying to uninstall it from some other means, besides the normal way of uninstalling apps, I'd be careful. It's probably a system app and uninstalling system apps when they don't give you that option can sometimes brick your phone. Then again, if you're rooted, you probably already know that. ^_^'

Edit: Just saw the other thread you made. Glad it resolved itself. Do you know how?

#2 Airfluff, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017