• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock Opens By Itself??? Please Help..

sting ray

Lurker
Sep 23, 2012
So I bricked my Sprint, Galaxy S2. Bought a used one from a local dealer. Worked fine the first day I had it. It had ICS FH18. The next day I upgraded to ICS FH13. Now , intermittently, the clock will pop up all by itself. Sometimes while I'm susing it and sometimes when it is just sitting there. A couple times voice command has popped up by itself as well. Tried restarting, pulling battery, etc. No luck...below are a couple screenshots, showing the clock, as well as task manager to show the open apps at the time that it would pop up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, before I take it back to the store tomorrow. Thanks.

Screenshot_2012-09-22-20-04-04_zps92819041.png

Screenshot_2012-09-22-20-05-08_zpsc76916aa.png

i think it is the clock that is displayed when you put it in a dock. not sure though, I've never used a dock...
I just bought a real Samsung dock (not a 3rd party product) for my SII, and noticed that it goes to the always-on clock whenever it's in the dock.

OTOH I've noticed recently that when I drag down the top bar to clear notifications, when it goes back to normal, I find that the clock app is open without me opening it. Go figure.

Upvote 0
yeah, mine just started doing that out of the blue...had some problems, but that was due to a bad battery. got a new phone(bad charging port), new batteries(one extra one with charger), and haven't had any problems since then. I am rooted, was on fi27, rooted with same version. now i'm installing the new fk23 leaked rom as i type this, its gonna reset the phone, so i hope it stops now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones