• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help clock shows previous time then updates after unlock

Why isn't the clock accurate when you unlock, I understand it a battery saver? (really can it save that much?), and if so why not have the info (clock etc) update 1st then the screen light up? I 've had my phone show me one time as I unlock, a second later another updated time, then a second later it will bump up another minute. I can't be the only one that this annoys. I have looked for appts to not sleep clock but haven't found any yet. I have found one that is on the screen constant when locked, but would prefer the clock to stay accurate even in sleep mode. Does anyone know of an app or is there a setting in the phone I can change?

Sorry had the wrong prefix on the last thread admin please delete that thread.

Thanks in advance!

Why isn't the clock accurate when you unlock, I understand it a battery saver? (really can it save that much?), and if so why not have the info (clock etc) update 1st then the screen light up? I 've had my phone show me one time as I unlock, a second later another updated time, then a second later it will bump up another minute. I can't be the only one that this annoys. I have looked for appts to not sleep clock but haven't found any yet. I have found one that is on the screen constant when locked, but would prefer the clock to stay accurate even in sleep mode. Does anyone know of an app or is there a setting in the phone I can change?

Sorry had the wrong prefix on the last thread admin please delete that thread.

Thanks in advance!

Is it just my phone doing this? Is your clock accurate when you hit the unlock button?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones