• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

plugnpl4y

Jan 5, 2010
When I have an HTC Clock widget on my home screen the time does not update fluidly. The clock will display the correct time only after I've unlocked the phone and given it several seconds to update. If I swipe over to another screen, wait any period of time (the longer the better), and swipe back; the clock will display the time at which I left that screen and again needs several seconds before it leaps to the correct time.

I've tested this theory on the native Android clock widget and it worked correctly. IMO, it defeats the purpose of having the HTC clock widget when the clock in the notifications bar is always accurate.

I am also using ATK but I've made sure the Clock process/app is in the ignore list.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Yeah, I'm hoping this gets fixed as well. I love the HTC clock widgets not only for the look, but also for the simple fact that they allow you to go right to the clock application by tapping them--huge for those of us who use their phones as alarm clocks and don't want to have to navigate to the clock just to sleep for another 15 minutes. Plus, it just gives me a little more justification for eating up such a large chunk of the screen with a clock... don't just show me the time, Android clock widget! Do something!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones