1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support clockwork mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rally 517, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Rally 517

Rally 517 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    michigan
    are prevails able to have clockworkmod recovery? been trying for 3 days to change my stock boot ...........sucks ....... getting mad.etc

Advertisement

2. hate

hate Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    Hawaii
    No custom recoveries available for prevail yet, as far as i know. but you can use Boot Animation Changer Lite from Market. There is an option to import your own bootanimation but you have to pay. BUT you can bypass this by using the option to restore default BA. Go to advanced and save default animation. Now, using whatever file explorer u have installed, go to /sdcard/bootanimStock/. Replace the bootanimation.zip with your own. Now go back to BACL - Advanced. Use the restore default animation. That should do it. I didn't try it out, but if you can't figure out what I described or just too lazy to do all the extra steps, there are animations and a option to switch animations included with app.

If you haven't yet, and are planning to try out ShabbyMod or a custom theme like Simple Green, you can replace bootanimation.zip that are included with them and kill 2 birds with one stone.

3. Rally 517

Rally 517 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    michigan
    idk ive tried everything. tried it with BAC both ways when i go to tools my new boot animations show in preview but it never plays when i reboot only stock, what gives? im gettin so fruastraited. i even back up current stock went into root exp and changed the backed up with the new went back to BAC restored it and still no go. i just dont get it:( i follow everything to the t

4. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    web developer
    if im not mistaking you have to have shabbymod .9 before you have the option to change your boot animations.. if you havent yet flashed this do so and boot animation changer lite will work for you..

5. Rally 517

Rally 517 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    michigan
    what exactly is it. i tried it before but didnt like the way my phone was. i had this screen with up down and side to side arrows stuck on my screen. so i used odin to go back to stock and then rerooted my phone. will spb shell work on it. and what do you use if you dont mind me askin. new to all this but trying to learn:)my mistake it was a launcher.... sorry shabby

6. danielmike

None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    web developer
    Im sorry i really havent had the arrows your refering to.. but shabby has made it possible to change to custom boot animations in shabbymod .9.. which i have on my prevail.. and the easyest way to change animations is to download shabbyleaf which is an excellant tool and easy to learn how to use.. all you have to do is find one you like on the net and apply it through shabbyleaf.. below is a link to the download if you wanta check it out...

ShabbyLeaf

Rally 517 likes this.
  7. Rally 517

Rally 517 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    michigan
    that was my bad it was a launcher i downloaded. not shabbymod.9. but will all my same apps still work on shabbymmod.9? like spb shell that app was expensive so i wanna still be able to use it. and when it says to wipe data do i go to recovery mode and do it or regular factory reset? before loading shabbymod.9. and i do that after i put shabbymod.9 on my phone or before sorry not sure

8. Cheezee292

Cheezee292 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    cook
    Mesquite, Nevada
    Please read this post especially post #5 NOBLE Doctrine

And yes you can continue to use SPB Shell after you have done everything on there.

9. danielmike

None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    web developer
    you dont have to do the wipe if you dont want to but its recomended.. if you skip that step then your apps will stay on your phone. you should be able to redownload the apps you have purchased though..or even back up with titanium pro before you wipe. redownload titanum after the wipe shuld be able to restore apps an data from there

Rally 517 likes this.
  10. Rally 517

Rally 517 Android Expert
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    michigan
    thanks so do i factory wipe in recovery mode or just factory reset in settings? and i do this befor or after i flash shabby? just wanna be sure want the best performence:)

11. danielmike

None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    web developer
    you can do it after you flash the shabbymod.. when i factory wipe i always just do it from the recovery screen that way after it wipes your rite there where you can click reboot.. then you should be good to go and restore your apps.. but before you wipe let your phone boot up to make sure it loads correctly if it loads up good then go to the recovery menu an click wipe.. if it doesnt load correctly reboot again and run through the script again..

make sure your debug is on before you run the script..

Rally 517 likes this.
  12. cmizzle

cmizzle Member
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    biloxi, ms
    will we ever get cwm?

13. danielmike

None

Jul 11, 2011
    Male
    web developer
    that is a good question.. i would like to think so this is the deal about not having a fully custom flashable kernal yet.. i do believe it is being worked on tho samsung is trying to think of everything when it comes to keeping us out of their programing..

cmizzle likes this.