• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork recovery issue

Same here. Can't get Clockworkmod Recovery going, just the Samsung one. Just updated to 2.2, rooted, installed ROM Manager, and did the flash.

update.zip is created on the sdcard, but when I go to reinstall packages on the Samsung recovery, I get an error:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

It's frustrating, because I want to go back to before I installed 2.2. I did a backup earlier today and just wish to go back to that, as the update to 2.2 nuked my phone back to factory default.

Upvote 0
Yep, I believe part of the 2.2 update was to update the loader to 3e from 2e. 3e requires a signature verification to install these packages..I had the same issue and ended up flashing a kernel that includes CWM and it seems to have bypassed this restriction.

You are 100% correct; the recovery is locked so you cannot use anything that uses an update.zip like rom manager/clockwork recovery with the official froyo. If you really want to go back to 2.1, use the odin+pda+pit file combo here: {Stock Rom} Odin JF6 with 3 button fix - xda-developers

I went back to 2.1 after a perfect upgrade to the official 2.2 just to see if I could and it worked perfectly.

NOTE: DO NOT USE THE ONE CLICK ODIN RESTORE, use the files in that post

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones