1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root clockwork recovery placing zip on sd..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biohazard989, Oct 4, 2010.

1. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    student
    greeley,co
    So I've been rooted for about 2 weeks now on my new incredible and I have not had any problems so this is just a curiosity question. There is a zip on the base of my SD card named update.zip. Now i think I narrowed it down to the flash clockwork recovery in Rom manager and I was wondering if this file should be there at all times or is i the latest clockwork that keeps getting placed when I activate that flash that doesn't need to be there? Any insite would be awesome thanks!

Advertisement

2. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Guest

I would say it is from something you installed already. Delete the file, its not needed anymore.

3. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    That's what I thought. Then I ran a rom backup from Rom Manager and CW borked after that. If I went to boot loader it opened CW and just would give an error that said it could not find /cache/update.zip. Not sure but, I think with ROM Manager you need to keep that update.zip file. I flashed CW again from RM and that seemed to fix the problem. It also put the update.zip back on my card.

I did some searching and some folks have been bricked using ROM Manager. Evidently it creates "fake" recoveries. I don't understand any of this but I'm trying to understand it better.

If I run any nandroid backup or restores I am manually booting into CW to do it.

4. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Guest

I do all my installs through Clockwork. I have never installed anything through rom manager, except the evo camera app. Seems strange to have a "fake" recovery. But I know if your through with an update file on the sd card, it should be removed.